Pick #14 (13th player): LW/RW Isak Rosen (SHL)

GASabresIUFAN

• SDS unpinned this topic
13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Think he will be in the AHL next year ? or to soon ? 

It’s very likely he spends at least one more year in the SHL. If he is able to produce in an expanded role I’d expect we see him competing for a spot in camp in 2022-23.

Fun fact: Isak Rosen has already played in two games since being drafted. He scored in a 4-2 loss for Sweden against Finland yesterday. He led the team with five shots in a 4-2 loss to USA today. 
Here is his goal yesterday:

Here’s a look at a really nice play to give himself a scoring chance in today’s loss: 

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one’s for @Thorny

For now, Rosen will keep playing wing. But Hellkvist envisions him moving to center someday. During a training camp practice earlier this month, Rosen skated in the middle.

“He’s more comfortable on the wing, because when he’s been playing junior and boys hockey, he’s been playing wing,” Hellkvist said. “The way I look at this, he should play center, he is a born center. But he hasn’t been able to. I don’t know why.”

https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-prospect-isak-rosen-possesses-array-of-special-talents-perfect-vision/

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

This one’s for @Thorny

For now, Rosen will keep playing wing. But Hellkvist envisions him moving to center someday. During a training camp practice earlier this month, Rosen skated in the middle.

“He’s more comfortable on the wing, because when he’s been playing junior and boys hockey, he’s been playing wing,” Hellkvist said. “The way I look at this, he should play center, he is a born center. But he hasn’t been able to. I don’t know why.”

https://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-prospect-isak-rosen-possesses-array-of-special-talents-perfect-vision/

Positive news. Things like this worry me a little though in that it's still unusual to see transfers over to centre once someone has established at W, and looking at how weak our C pipeline is, I'm hoping the plan is to add actual high likelihood centre bodies (especially a prospective 1 in light of moving Jack), and not rely on the Botterill strategy of acquiring a bunch of longer shot "maybe"s and hoping one pushes through. But honestly I haven't heard Rosen talked about at C much if at all by Buffalo, so I'm not thinking it's the plan. Even with someone like Quinn, shortly after we drafted him I remember Adams mentioning he was a possibility at centre. 

So in that way, Rosen having a shot at switching over, without us needing to count on it is a nice added dimension. Everything I've heard about Rosen seems really positive - him and Peterka seem like sure-fire winger prospects. 

• Like (+1) 3

This might already have been stated, but what gets this guy to the draft position he got to?

Other than the small sample U18 World's, everything else in his stat-line doesn't look so good.

PPG in the Swedish jr league looks awfully bad to me... Or am I underrating the league compared to CHL where PPG is not mid 1st round calibre? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.