Pick #14 (13th player): LW/RW Isak Rosen (SHL)

GASabresIUFAN

Just now, eman said:

If you're a regular on here (and I know you are!) you know the posts about Dahlin were there. If you watched any of the last games of the season, you saw him getting abused. If you have forgotten all that, there's nothing more for me to add. We will see soon enough if any of it has changed. I have no blind optimism about this season being any different than the past 10. This club will have to show me it is different under Granato. I sincerely hope they do. It has been long overdue.

Got it, you won't find the posts and you are gaslighting me. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol you go back and find that. I am not doing your research for you. 

I got his height from Elite Prospects. 5'11" 161lbs. 

Great, he's 5 lbs. heavier than the NHL Draft announcers stated. 161 then! Still no where near enough to compete in today's NHL. I hope he really is skilled and can overcome the size issue.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Got it, you won't find the posts and you are gaslighting me. 

yeah yeah yeah, gaslighting blah blah blah...........

30 minutes ago, eman said:

Are you ######## me? Gritty and tough???? No way!!! Alfredsson? Sundin? Nylander? You're just naming Swedes. Sorry, the criteria was gritty and tough Swedes and none of those fit the bill by a long shot. Sure they may rack up some points but the knock against Sundin was that when the going got tough, he never got going hence Leaf disappointments come playoff time. Nylander? None of them from Dad on down. These Swedes may be talented but they are all lacking in grit and toughness. Especially Rasmus Dahlin.

You excel at stereotyping. You must believe all Italians like pasta. 

4 minutes ago, eman said:

Great, he's 5 lbs. heavier than the NHL Draft announcers stated. 161 then! Still no where near enough to compete in today's NHL. I hope he really is skilled and can overcome the size issue.

yeah yeah yeah, gaslighting blah blah blah...........

First, 18yr old kids don't stay at 161lbs. He doesn't have to overcome his size, he needs to get stronger and by that process will add weight. 

Second, you claim that everyone was talking about Dahlin getting "abused" by other teams and I don't remember that at all so show me the proof. 

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Skilled, courageous and plays with pace. Seems to fit their profile.

The 7 goals in 7 games at the World U18s - the highest level of hockey most of these guys got against their peers - impressed.

Hope he fills out, but there’s clearly offensive potential.

Them valuing small sample sizes like this (levi) is becoming a worrisome trend 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

The posts are there. I remember it. 

Thank you. Did LGR4GM not even watch any of the season ending games? He was clearly getting roughed up by the opposition because they knew he wouldn't throw down and this board was clamoring for him to do it at least once. But hey, I'm "gas lighting" him. How quickly some on these posts forget. I'm not here to stir the #### pot but he has to toughen up as a D-man this season. He will have to clear the crease for his goaltender. I'm not going to do LGR4GM's home work for him. We'll see if Rasmus "develops"into a more all around D-man under Granato. I hope so, I really do. I like the kid and he has skills.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

First, 18yr old kids don't stay at 161lbs. He doesn't have to overcome his size, he needs to get stronger and by that process will add weight. 

Second, you claim that everyone was talking about Dahlin getting "abused" by other teams and I don't remember that at all so show me the proof. 

See SwampD's post. Not doing your home work for you. It may not have been under a Dahlin thread, but it was there. Not gaslighting you by any stretch. Again, even if Rosen puts on 20 lbs. (176-180) It may be enough if he really is as skilled as the claims make him out to be. Don't get me wrong, I wouldlove this kid to be Martin St. Louis II or close to it. Right now, not crazy about the pick. He has time to prove me wrong.

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You excel at stereotyping. You must believe all Italians like pasta. 

They do, I'm half Italian and could eat it everyday! Call it stereotyping or whatever you wish. Not crazy about the Rosen pick. (at least not yet, he has time to prove me wrong)

Just now, Curt said:

Yeah, I get it.  You wanted them to draft someone bigger.

Absolutely. This club needs grit also. Size and grit. It was a huge complaint on this board after last season.

22 minutes ago, eman said:

Check out his videos.  He plays a fast and tenacious game in his peer group.  By tenacious I don’t mean taking penalties and fighting, I mean a relentless pursuit and making plays.  He scores goals -  quick release and a great shot.  

There is no reason to believe he cannot get to 180 in the future.  He just turned 18 in March and he is 5’11”.  There is plenty of frame to work with.   He needs 2 years to bulk up.   

He can play in the NHL at 175, many forwards do.  Remember Danny Gare for example?  That’s all he weighed.   Today the great Patrick Kane is listed at 177 and he survives quite well.  

Let’s give him a chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eman said:

They do, I'm half Italian and could eat it everyday! Call it stereotyping or whatever you wish. Not crazy about the Rosen pick. (at least not yet, he has time to prove me wrong)

Absolutely. This club needs grit also. Size and grit. It was a huge complaint on this board after last season.

In a sense I also want them to get tougher to play against, however, that doesn’t need to be a primary focus of every single draft pick or player acquisition.  They drafted a 6’5” 215 lb guy at #1.  It takes all kinds to make up a team.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, eman said:

See SwampD's post. Not doing your home work for you. It may not have been under a Dahlin thread, but it was there. Not gaslighting you by any stretch. Again, even if Rosen puts on 20 lbs. (176-180) It may be enough if he really is as skilled as the claims make him out to be. Don't get me wrong, I wouldlove this kid to be Martin St. Louis II or close to it. Right now, not crazy about the pick. He has time to prove me wrong.

It's your homework, you made the claim. Gaslighting 

Just now, Pimlach said:

Check out his videos.  He plays a fast and tenacious game in his peer group.  By tenacious I don’t mean taking penalties and fighting, I mean a relentless pursuit and making plays.  He scores goals -  quick release and a great shot.  

There is no reason to believe he cannot get to 180 in the future.  He just turned 18 in March and he is 5’11”.  There is plenty of frame to work with.   He needs 2 years to bulk up.   

He can play in the NHL at 175, many forwards do.  Remember Danny Gare for example?  That’s all he weighed.   Today the great Patrick Kane is listed at 177 and he survives quite well.  

Let’s give him a chance.  

I totally agree with you. While I am not crazy about the pick, he will get his chance and as I have stated, if he proves me wrong, awesome!!!! We need a guy who can put the puck in the net!!! Especially with Sam apparently on his way to the Florida Panthers now (as per Elliotte Friedman- if it's true!)

8 minutes ago, eman said:

You equate size with grit. 

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Them valuing small sample sizes like this (levi) is becoming a worrisome trend 

Thing is, sample size was an issue for a lot of players this year.

Stars took a kid 9 picks later who played nowhere else but that tourney.

Kid also had 7 goals in 12 games in the Swedish junior league this year and good numbers in that league last year. His got a track record.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/420269/isak-rosen

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.