Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

8x8.45mil is being reported.

Would you give Dahlin that?

No. And Heiskanen is better right now anyways. Dahlin is a year younger. Ideally you get him at 8x7 but 8x8 is probably closer to reality.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

8x8.45mil is being reported.

Would you give Dahlin that?

No way, he's still an RFA for 4 more years, you bridge him for 1/2 that price until he proves he deserves the big money (he hasn't yet but I think he will eventually).

No way Dahlin should be offered a contract anywhere close to Heiskenan.  I don't care how much future potential is there, how many UFA years he is giving up, blah blah blah.   

I'm not even sure he is worthy of a 6mil cap hit over a long term contract.

18 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Really seeing that Ristolainen price set. 

Good call.  I don’t think the Sabres will get more than that for Risto, but they’ll probably get something like that at the deadline.

I guess that means the question is whether you’d rather have a low 2nd rounder or Borgen.  

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Good call.  I don’t think the Sabres will get more than that for Risto, but they’ll probably get something like that at the deadline.

I guess that means the question is whether you’d rather have a low 2nd rounder or Borgen.  

I think the deal might be in place now, protection issues maybe holding it up until next week