Chicago Blackhawks Sexual Assault Allegations

WildCard

Just now, Curt said:

1. I want to say it may have been an Elliot Friedman podcast, but I can’t be certain.

2. 11th overall pick or not, the fact that he never did play for the Blackhawks would say that he very much was a bubble player who should have been trying to make a good impression.  Either way, doesn’t change what happened, as you said.  I was just theorizing why he could have been targeted.

I would be a bubble too after the org let my abuser off with nothing and allowed him to abuse others. The mind games he went through and the gaslighting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

TBH, I feel this has gotten out of hand. I’m all for bringing justice for the victim and punishment to the accused but there needs to be a line drawn. If any players knew in June of 2010, do you honestly think any of them would want to torpedo their own hard work and effort by bringing the Chicago police down on them before Game 1 of the Finals? Hell, at the time, John Doe himself may not of wanted it reported until after the Cup run was finished. The peer pressure to ignore what happened at least for a bit would of been huge as John Doe would of also wanted to win the Cup and not ruin it for his teammates. 

Don’t get me wrong, the Blackhawks botched this whole thing to hell and back and those in power need to be held responsible but I’m sick of this witch hunt on the players. Why are we as a society determined to destroy bystanders? Just because they wanted to stay ignorant or chose to hope another player might have the confidence to speak up isn’t just as criminal as the bastard who did the assault in the first place. Lastly we shouldn’t hold players in 2010 to 2021 standards.

Rant over, just tired of Twitter endlessly wanting their Cup stripped and/or players suspended for omission.

I’m sorry but this is a horrible take. If any person, player or not, had knowledge of a sexual assault, which reports are not only they did but that several players even taunted Beach about it, they needed to speak up.

A game and the Stanley Cup aren’t above being a decent human being and reporting a sexual assault and if they are to somebody, simply, they’re a horrible human being.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

It gets worse as we get more info.  Everyone in that meeting should be done in the NHL.  Rocky better write a nice 10+ mill check to Beach and the intern.  They also need to lose one draft pick a year for a decade include a minimum of 2 first round picks, 2 2nd round picks.  They also need to lose 10 contracts from their 50 max for at least 5 years.  A $2 mill fine is BS.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 4

The stupid thing is had they just suspended a friggin video coach when the allegations first came to light (and helped Beach!!!) none of this fallout happens.  They still win that Cup, no else would have been abused and all these execs and coaches would have had great careers.  The cover up is always worse.  People do what is right for a change.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Quennville and Chevy were in the meetings when it was discussed and he said he didn’t want to focus on it at the time because it is hard to win the Cup and this would take focus away from it. Those are reports from others in the room during those meetings. Brent Sopel and Nick Boynton said every player in the room knew what happened. Everybody knew.

Everyone in that meeting room is complicit in whatever future crimes Aldrich committed from the moment they knew. Every one of them. Every. One. 

The level of cowardice on display is disgraceful. 

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Everyone in that meeting room is complicit in whatever future crimes Aldrich committed from the moment they knew. Every one of them. Every. One. 

The level of cowardice on display is disgraceful. 

You are 100% correct. To allow the guy to work with other teams and around young players when they knew what he did is absolutely inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The stupid thing is had they just suspended a friggin video coach when the allegations first came to light (and helped Beach!!!) none of this fallout happens.  

Yeah, that's another part of this that I don't understand and never did (my earlier comments in this thread).

And is there a second player or no?  Or are there two Blackhawks players who have not been named?  (Sorry, @Porous Five Hole, I consider Beach to be a former Blackhawk the same way I consider countless former Amerks to be former Sabres, which is to say that I don't.  Doesn't make him any less a victim.)

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, that's another part of this that I don't understand and never did (my earlier comments in this thread).

And is there a second player or no?  Or are there two Blackhawks players who have not been named?  (Sorry, @Porous Five Hole, I consider Beach to be a former Blackhawk the same way I consider countless former Amerks to be former Sabres, which is to say that I don't.  Doesn't make him any less a victim.)

May I ask you how you would have preferred him portrayed instead of a Blackhawks player?

Former Blackhawks prospect working with the Blackhawks coaching staff?

Totally agree on your last sentence. 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Ok.  Chicago recalled Beach on April 28, 2010:  https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/transactions/_/name/chi/season/2010

For those wondering why this matters:

1.  A lot of people are dragging Quenneville's name through the mud.  He may not have known as much as people think.

2.  I don't like inaccurate reporting, and referring to Beach as one of "two former Chicago Blackhawks players" sticks in my craw.  He never was a Blackhawks player, and TSN would have done well do refer to him initially as a "player formerly in the Blackhawks system."  And are there still two?  The victim at UM doesn't count--his situation was separate.

If he was on the Blackhawks roster (he was, as you just pointed out), he was a Blackhawks player.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Beach was certainly under the Blackhawk organizational umbrella so as it pertains to this case, it’s a distinction without a difference, really.

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If I'm reading the articles correctly there are at least 3 victims; Beach, an intern working for the Blackhawks and a teen in Michigan.  

In my humble opinion more heads need to role including Q and Chevy.  They should already have been fired.  Fehr and other Union execs also need to go since Beach  reported it to them and they did nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

You know all this discussion of how much of a player he was is irrelevant. Could have been a waterboy, doesn't change a thing. Team covered up abuse and they ALL knew. If the league does not kick out Quenneville and Chevaldyov it's still a cover up. 

And all the players and ex players who say they didn't know are also full of sh##.  It was all over the locker room and there were homosexual slurs tossed around and any captain like Toews and such who says they didn't know is outright lying. Glad this is exposed, but justice has not been served yet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

The part about seeing Aldrich lifting the cup even after he came forward to the Chicago brass, during a time that he had dreamed of and worked towards his whole life but feeling separate from it or not a part of it was sobering. These coaches, executives or whoever else was part of the coverup knowingly threw good sense and decency to the sidelines to pursue the cup and apparently never gave the victim a second thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You know all this discussion of how much of a player he was is irrelevant. Could have been a waterboy, doesn't change a thing. Team covered up abuse and they ALL knew. If the league does not kick out Quenneville and Chevaldyov it's still a cover up. 

And all the players and ex players who say they didn't know are also full of sh##.  It was all over the locker room and there were homosexual slurs tossed around and any captain like Toews and such who says they didn't know is outright lying. Glad this is exposed, but justice has not been served yet. 

100%. The only relevance to his player status is that if he was a “star” or well-known player in the league it all likely wouldve played out differently from the start.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.