Chicago Blackhawks Sexual Assault Allegations

WildCard

29 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Not sure why blackhawks player didn’t kick the **** out of Bradly.

There are numerous possible reactions to impending danger and a possible traumatic event. This is one of them but it is not your call to make what an individual does when cornered into a situation like this. The events described are very unfortunate and we should cast no judgement on the victim at this time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

There are numerous possible reactions to impending danger and a possible traumatic event. This is one of them but it is not your call to make what an individual does when cornered into a situation like this. The events described are very unfortunate and we should cast no judgement on the victim at this time.

Yours truly might be mistaking @bunomatic's point, but pretty sure he was referring to the players that were alleged to have hazed "John Doe 1" further after the alleged actions of the video coach became known amongst the team.   From an outside perspective, it might be reasonably assumed the players would've backed their teammate rather than his alleged attacker.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Not casting judgement on anyone. I suppose I could have worded it differently. In that situation if it was me things would have ended differently. And to Taros comment the fact that his own team mates bullied and ridiculed him for his victimhood is beyond reprehensible. They should all be outed. Disgusting.

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yours truly might be mistaking @bunomatic's point, but pretty sure he was referring to the players that were alleged to have hazed "John Doe 1" further after the alleged actions of the video coach became known amongst the team.   From an outside perspective, it might be reasonably assumed the players would've backed their teammate rather than his alleged attacker.

19 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Not casting judgement on anyone. I suppose I could have worded it differently. In that situation if it was me things would have ended differently. And to Taros comment the fact that his own team mates bullied and ridiculed him for his victimhood is beyond reprehensible. They should all be outed. Disgusting.

Ah, the issue here was the missing "s." He/you said "Blackhawks player" which led me to believe it was the alleged victim.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So am I to understand that the players set up young guys for this horrible situation and then trashed them afterwards as if it was their fault they got abused by a serial abuser? 

If that's the case those players need to be identified, IMO. 

I may be wrong but the coaches seem to be in on the bullying as well.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Weave said:

There needs to be a serious bloodletting over this.  Any execs, league and team, that were aware of this need to removed now.  

Couldn't agree more. IF the NHL is as "Socially Conscious" as they claim to be, then The hammer should come down very hard on the Chicago Blackhawks and Coach Joel Q. Serious penalties like loss of draft picks, money etc. , There is no excuse. I'd rather have the Sabres be a ***** franchise because of hockey ineptitude than to be a champion and have this type of abhorrent behavior attached to my favorite team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, KC Scouts said:

Couldn't agree more. IF the NHL is as "Socially Conscious" as they claim to be, then The hammer should come down very hard on the Chicago Blackhawks and Coach Joel Q. Serious penalties like loss of draft picks, money etc. , There is no excuse. I'd rather have the Sabres be a ***** franchise because of hockey ineptitude than to be a champion and have this type of abhorrent behavior attached to my favorite team

Something tells me the Hawks will go through a serious rebranding in the next year or two in an attempt to put this behind them. Theres already talk about the logo. This is a pr nightmare and if there are serious repercussions from this they’ll have to save face somehow. Morons.

22 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

I agree with you.  I’d rather have the stink of losing than the stink of this horrific background.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

I agree with you.  I’d rather have the stink of losing than the stink of this horrific background.

We'll see if the NHL has the stomach to "fix" an embarrassing situation with a team that is:

1) an "Original Six" franchise

2) a "Big Market" team 

Something tells me the "Little Weasel" Bettman will sweep it under the rug/ use the excuse that it has to be handled privately to protect the victims.

Bottom line is that I don't have the confidence the NHL will "Walk the Walk" after it has "Talked the Talk".....

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Like (+1) 1

@rwesthead

Spoke to NHL team exec today relatively new to hockey world. Past experience in NBA. Shocked NHL hasn't seized control of Blackhawks investigation. Sees potential to tarnish team/league image. Exec: "There's no doubt Adam [Silver] would be taking control if this was an NBA team."

Edited by Eleven

43 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There's just so much weird about it, starting with the power imbalance--I would think that on-ice talent is much more important to an organization than a video coach--and continuing with the decade of silence.

I think it gets less weird if you realize that there is a huge difference between “everyone knew of allegations of abuse” and “everyone one knew of abuse.”

Seems like there are a lot of people talking as if these are the same thing. WTF is a Brian Campbell supposed to do about this?

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I think it gets less weird if you realize that there is a huge difference between “everyone knew of allegations of abuse” and “everyone one knew of abuse.”

Seems like there are a lot of people talking as if these are the same thing. WTF is a Brian Campbell supposed to do about this?

Lay him out Umberger style.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.