Chicago Blackhawks Sexual Assault Allegations

WildCard

23 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Rocky should have STFU and let His Son Danny answer the question as that’s Who Mark Lazerus was addressing. 

Danny got spanked by daddy and sent to the corner real quick, there. And the whole time Danny boy was screaming internally "you stupid old bastard! If the league screws me out of inheriting this team because you can't control yourself, I'm going to strangle you!" 

Meanwhile the other fine folks on stage were trying to disappear into their $3,000 suits like Obi-Wan in Star Wars.

Edited by ubkev

On 6/28/2021 at 10:43 AM, etiennep99 said:

I think that the balance of power wasn't so much physical as it was, "This video coach is really important to the team. We're on a

Stanley Cup run.  We can't upset the apple cart."   Hierarchical.

The complaints should have been handled better by Chicago.

But, why don't these news reports ever give details?  A defendant has a right to face his accuser and a right to know what the charges are.

Like someone intimated above, I'm surprised that the hockey players just didn't deck the guy if he was trying to force himself on them.

Or was it more like a date rape kind of thing or even just a "pass" that went awry?  If a football player can come out as gay, we'd be

kidding ourselves to think that there are no gay hockey players.

Now the Michigan conviction seems to carry some weight and indicate a pattern of behaviour.   But the Michigan case was different in

that the he was the coach in a position of physical and hierarchical power over someone who is legally presumed to be a minor (what

is the age of consent in MI?).    Law enforcement is all over anything that smacks of minors. 

Maybe there is a presumption that adult hockey players can take care of themselves.   But what stopped the players from coming forward?

Really.   A certain Bill has enough conviction to risk ending his career over a personal medical choice.  Why can't adult hockey players go to

the police themselves if they really feel that wronged?  That's my problem with this situation.  Don't accuse someone years later while allowing

bad apples to continue their abuse while you make up your mind that maybe you should report it.

Solid take.Good questions.

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No he didn't. He let his pr department write a memo and he never apologized in it to the ppl who should have. 

OK I stand corrected… I didn’t realize the PR department put out an apology against his will or wishes. Well that changes things I guess. He should put out an apology from his own lips, or his own social media, or his own handwriting, or his own video clip. Or whatever medium that Will be viewed by the majority as an apology from him.

14 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

OK I stand corrected… I didn’t realize the PR department put out an apology against his will or wishes. Well that changes things I guess. He should put out an apology from his own lips, or his own social media, or his own handwriting, or his own video clip. Or whatever medium that Will be viewed by the majority as an apology from him.

Yes, he should. 

This is just a pr write up with quotes around it. He probably barely read it before it was sent out because he doesn't actually care. 

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd say I am shocked that some old rich guy is so disconnected from reality that he reacted that way but... as Fry once said "well not that shocked"

I have not been following this of late - until just now.

Holy sh1t.

It's astonishing that Wirtz - both in what he looks like and what he has said - is the very embodiment of ... just the worst sort of person.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Terrible but i can only imagine how much of this goes on and we never hear about it in all professional sports.

i think it tends to go on less and less, and that we hear about what goes on more and more.

and that's because of brave people like kyle beach, mckayla maroney, and robert stone.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Most apologies are manufactured and pro forma. Nothing unusual about that. The best approach is to get out a prefabricated response and then slink away and be silent. 

Unless you’re goal is to have the respect of the people that are most dear to you.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The situation has been weighing on the poor Blackhawks... ***** off with this Gary. Franchise deserves to be constantly forced to atone for what they did. You think it weighs on the billionaire owner more than the kids assaulted? Buttman is garbage. 

Lawyer speak. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.