OT: WNY Pizza... What's the best?

JoeSchmoe

I made mention of WNY pizza in another thread. 🤤

In my opinion, pizza from the Buffalo area is the best anywhere. Cup and char pepperoni is the main factor, but the cheese (lots!), sauce, and crust is also the best.

Back when i was a kid, Sammy's in the Falls was our family's go to. Up until maybe 15 years or so ago, it was still my favourite, but then the quality dropped off. Since then we've hit Gagsters and Mr B's in the Falls and a whole ton of places around Buffalo but don't have a go to spot yet.

The closest would probably be Pearl St Grill, but thats partly due to the location by the arena and my son liking it so much. The chicken finger and the stuffed banana pepper pizzas are really good though. That said, I'm betting there are better places out there, given this is somewhat of a tourist trap.

We also really like Tim and Bonnie's pizza in Ellicottville. The steak sub there is probably my favourite too.

So let's hear it... School this hungry Canadian on where to go first once the border opens up! 🍕

Buffalo pizza is indeed gold, in my opinion. You can never go wrong with Imperial Pizza which is probably one that many here might mention. My personal favorite is Bocce Club Pizza.

I also think Just Pizza is a bit underrated. They've got a slightly different style but the one on Elmwood Ave is consistently so good.

I guess I'll do a top five:

1. Bocce Club

2. Bella Pizza

3. Imperial Pizza

4. Just Pizza

5. Carbone's

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Another good one. Man, I’m in Buffalo this weekend and I’m going to eat the ***** out of pizza.

You're going to spend a lot of money if you do.

The Buffalo pizza cartel has gotten way out of hand.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You're going to spend a lot of money if you do.

The Buffalo pizza cartel has gotten way out of hand.

I think Buffalo just caught up with everyone. Pizza used to be way cheaper here than anywhere else.

6 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Barstool pizza reviews? go search that together with buffalo on youtube

I can’t give that POS my time or whatever monetization he enjoys from people watching those vids. Obnoxious, Masshole scumbag.  

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

When I see the youtube reviews and the guy starts talking about thick and greasy slices, makes me think of pizza hut 🤢

Ignore him. The crust is not greasy but there is def grease from the cheese and pepperoni happening. The fact he only got cheese at Bocce seems weird, you gotta get the peps. As someone who had Bocce cheese pizza a couple weeks ago, it wasn't greasy at all and tasted delicious. They have a sweet sauce and a good crust to cheese ratio going. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I lowkey love Mister Pizza. It has the right crust thickness for my tastes and their sauce is good. 

Mister Pizza is good. I'm not sure I would call it Buffalo pizza, but I like it, especially the specialty pizzas.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ignore him. The crust is not greasy but there is def grease from the cheese and pepperoni happening. The fact he only got cheese at Bocce seems weird, you gotta get the peps. As someone who had Bocce cheese pizza a couple weeks ago, it wasn't greasy at all and tasted delicious. They have a sweet sauce and a good crust to cheese ratio going. 

I feel like i always have to wait a couple minutes after bocce arrives to eat it.  Otherwise its just a mess.  And that waiting might be akin to torture.

Just now, Drag0nDan said:

I feel like i always have to wait a couple minutes after bocce arrives to eat it.  Otherwise its just a mess.  And that waiting might be akin to torture.

Right temperature is a key to buffalo pizza, you gotta let it cool a little so the grease from the peps reabsorbs a bit and the cheese is just starting to firm up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Right temperature is a key to buffalo pizza, you gotta let it cool a little so the grease from the peps reabsorbs a bit and the cheese is just starting to firm up. 

I had francos the other day that was pretty good.  Daddios is usually solid. Just pizza is really consistent which i appreciate.  Macy's makes some weird stuff but some of those are really good.

I got kinda sick of picassos from when i worked at Ingram Micro and that was like THE pizza there - they even sold it in the cafeteria.  You couldn't get away from it!  It's been a couple of years and I'm still like ehhhh when someone mentions picassos.

• Like (+1) 1

Ah, the Buffalo pizza thread, a sure sign of another Sabreless playoffs.

It’s becoming as welcomed as the Perseids meteor shower.

I swear, the Matrix isn’t even trying to keep me engaged anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.