OT: WNY Pizza... What's the best?

JoeSchmoe

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

This picture is disgusting. It also requires no talent to achieve.  It also serves no purpose beyond of some cheese is good, then 5x more must be better. That’s my point and it’s my opinion of what I consider to be the worst part of Buffalo-style pizza. It’s probably not coincidental that the vast, vast majority of the world doesn’t eat anything that looks like that either. 

I completely reject any notion that you can’t make incredible tasting pizza by using balanced ingredients. 

F14614F5-78C1-41FE-8878-94C52740BAB5.jpeg

Dude. You know we’re talking pizza here, right? If you’re using pizza to get your culinary rocks off, I think you need to re-evaluate some things.

That picture is ridiculous. Their pizza is as well. Now I can’t wait for next weekend.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SwampD said:

Dude. You know we’re talking pizza here, right? If you’re using pizza to get your culinary rocks off, I think you need to re-evaluate some things.

That picture is ridiculous. Their pizza is as well. Now I can’t wait for next weekend.

You sort of made my point. You view pizza as low rent. What is shown above is low rent. Match made.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

You sort of made my point. You view pizza as low rent. What is shown above is low rent. Match made.

You’ve obviously never had Good Guys pizza.

A sheet and 50 is a hundred bucks. That’s not low rent. It’s really good.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SDS said:

This picture is disgusting. It also requires no talent to achieve.  It also serves no purpose beyond of some cheese is good, then 5x more must be better. That’s my point and it’s my opinion of what I consider to be the worst part of Buffalo-style pizza. It’s probably not coincidental that the vast, vast majority of the world doesn’t eat anything that looks like that either. 

I completely reject any notion that you can’t make incredible tasting pizza by using balanced ingredients. 

If you talk about a bomb going  off in your stomach or about  the intestinal distress a food causes - that’s probably a sign you are doing it wrong. 

That pizza looks bomb AF

20 hours ago, SDS said:

I had La Nova pizza once since it delivered to the hospital. We ordered a Hawaiian pizza, expecting ham and pineapple. Well we got one that unexpectedly also had two jars of maraschino cherries on it and it was awful.

La Nova puts almond slivers on the Hawaiian, too, no?

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

La Nova puts almond slivers on the Hawaiian, too, no?

Couldn’t tell. It was a sea of maraschino cherries and the rest was covered in pink juice. It was one the most vile things I’ve ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, tom webster said:

Did they re-open the Grant street location? It was still closed two months ago.

You are right! The elmwood location was open. They told me the grant street location will be open in roughly two months.

Well, my opinion, Mister Pizza was Mister disappointment. It was good. But not great. I prefer Bocce’s to Mister Pizza.

6 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Without the characteristic cup pepperoni that Buffalo pizza is known for, its tough to call that a legit review. 

Says who? you? were all different are we not?

Edit: Btw, as far as i know Buffalo is known for its thick pizza, not peppeoni. lol

Edited by MODO Hockey

20 hours ago, SDS said:

If you talk about a bomb going  off in your stomach or about  the intestinal distress a food causes - that’s probably a sign you are doing it wrong. 

I'd eat it. And I bet I'd love it.

18 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Says who? you? were all different are we not?

Edit: Btw, as far as i know Buffalo is known for its thick pizza, not peppeoni. lol

No... The pepperoni is the most unique feature which defines it regionally. Read the posts earlier on about the Rochester vs Buffalo pizza.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

You are right! The elmwood location was open. They told me the grant street location will be open in roughly two months.

Well, my opinion, Mister Pizza was Mister disappointment. It was good. But not great. I prefer Bocce’s to Mister Pizza.

Bocce opened a location on Hertel which I forgot about until I saw it yesterday

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

??? I think we have different definitions of a franchise. They’ve got three locations according to their website (Hertel not listed)

Exactly, the Delaware location across from Delaware/North is their third location. The Hertle location is run by someone else who paid for the rights to use name and recipes (my definition of a franchise).

12 hours ago, tom webster said:

Exactly, the Delaware location across from Delaware/North is their third location. The Hertle location is run by someone else who paid for the rights to use name and recipes (my definition of a franchise).

Ah, yes. That’d be a franchise. I didn’t realize they’d allow that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.