Shopping Jack Eichel: Vegas

dudacek

I find this a terrible return outside of Krebs.  Tuch, is a fine forward, but at the same time this is very shallow.  How much longer will Fleury be elite.  He is 37 years old.  I understand how solid he's been over his career, but this is a #1 center, and will easily be the best forward on their roster.  Yes, even over Mark Stone.  The first is basically a 2nd, and the 2nd is a third.  Meh.  This is a crap return. 

Hey Canadian SS posters!  Why do Canadians pronounce Vegas differently?  The standard US pronunciation lies somewhere is the original Spanish derivation, with a long A resulting in Vaygus.   What I hear when Canadians say it (mostly from TV & radio personalities) is more along the lines of Vahgus.   Discuss. 

29 minutes ago, inkman said:

Hey Canadian SS posters!  Why do Canadians pronounce Vegas differently?  The standard US pronunciation lies somewhere is the original Spanish derivation, with a long A resulting in Vaygus.   What I hear when Canadians say it (mostly from TV & radio personalities) is more along the lines of Vahgus.   Discuss. 

Probably because they already say ‘eh’ all the time, gotta mix it up. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

In B.C. we Los Vaygus

32 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Probably because they already say ‘eh’ all the time, gotta mix it up. 

I can only assume it’s from adherence to English pronunciation rules where the “e” is soft but what is missing from the equation is the Hispanic roots of the word.

18 hours ago, Hoss said:

I'm not all that confident in Krebs as a prospect. Maybe I'll be wrong here but I don't see much more than an average NHL player there. And he definitely doesn't pass the name test.

Just another Robbie Schremp 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

What's Glass like? I'd imagine a Vegas trade would be more or less a fleecing job(as much as you can when still trading the best player) due to Vegas's "go big or go home" strategy.

Disappointing so far.

Same draft year and. position as Mitts, done less in the NHL and, really, not as much in the AHL either.

15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I remember really liking Krebs. Sounds like he had a good year of development (or two? Has it been two?)

Yeah, it’s been two.  He has done really well.

He played for a horrible team during his draft year, suppressing his #s a bit, and injured his leg kind of badly at the end of it.  He fell a little in the draft as a result.

He has lit it up since then and he will be in the AHL/NHL next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

By the time we're relevant Fleury is gone.  He's a UFA after next season.  I don't understand the fascination with trading for a 37 year old goalie.  Yes, he's a great netminder, I don't doubt it.  Where is the realization, that our team defense is a barn fire, we have no center depth trading Eichel, and this makes me puke.  Yes, it moves him out West, but just ***** no.  Krebs, Tuch are appealing, but there's nothing else.  A late 1st and a 2nd, for Jack Eichel.   Just no. 

image.png

On 6/22/2021 at 10:33 PM, thewookie1 said:

Here's a monster trade

Glass, Krebs, Tuch, Smith, Reaves, Fleury, Holden and VGK's 1sts in 2021 and 2022

for

Eichel, Olofsson and Ristolainen(50%)

Barf.

What if Vegas, fresh off a disappointing loss to the Habs, none too thrilled with Mark Stone’s performance this series, call you up and offer Mark Stone for Eichel. 1 for 1. 

Would you rather have Mark Stone or 3rd overall, Comtois, and pieces? 

Would Vegas trade Mark Stone for 3OA, Comtois, and pieces? 

Edited by Thorny

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What if Vegas, fresh off a disappointing loss to the Habs, none too thrilled with Mark Stone’s performance this series, call you up and offer Mark Stone for Eichel. 1 for 1. 

Would you rather have Mark Stone or 3rd overall, Comtois, and pieces? 

Would Vegas trade Mark Stone for 3OA, Comtois, and pieces? 

I'd rather have 3oa, Comtois, and something. Stone is 29 and we're resetting the timeline

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd rather have 3oa, Comtois, and something. Stone is 29 and we're resetting the timeline

Would we reset it if we had Jack? Why reset it with Stone? He’s the capable vet to guide the younger part of the core 

We’d be resetting it so that one day if we were super super lucky the pick would become as good as Stone 

Take him now 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Would we reset it if we had Jack? Why reset it with Stone? He’s the capable vet to guide the younger part of the core 

We’d be resetting it so that one day if we were super super lucky the pick became as good as Stone 

Take him now 

So let me get this straight. 

You think that Mark Stone can guide a team by himself where Eichel failed by himself... 

You either build around Eichel or reset. By the time you build around Stone he'll be 31 or 32. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.