Shopping Jack Eichel: Vegas

dudacek

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

i completely agree about a team balking at including Krebs in the trade. Its almost like people are forgetting how good Jack is.  

a year ago, Sabres wouldn't even consider that trade, now its their ask?

Everyone overvalues their prospects.  It’s universal.

Underplayed rumour from Friedman: Reilly Smith to the Rangers to play for his old coach.

Fun theory from me: the return is a prospect Adams likes, who will be flipped to the Sabres along with Krebs and pieces for Eichel.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Underplayed rumour from Friedman: Reilly Smith to the Rangers to play for his old coach.

Fun theory from me: the return is a prospect Adams likes, who will be flipped to the Sabres along with Krebs and pieces for Eichel.

How? All Rangers prospects are untouchable. If they are untouchable for Jack there is no way they are touchable for Smith.😜 

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Vegas won’t get a worthwhile prospect for Smith so I’d be surprised if it moved the needle 

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd need Dorofeyev or Korczak to get this done if that's the deal.

Why would you walk away from the @wookie1 deal if the two players you referenced weren't included? The centerpiece of the deal would be Krebs. He's the essential player in the deal. And if Tuch was in the deal that would make the deal even more appealing. The biggest benefit in such a deal is that Vegas would have to deal with the medical issues and the Sabres would be able move on and start putting the roster pieces together without any distractions. 

Make no mistake about what I am suggesting. I'm not advocating trading Jack just to do away with all this commotion. It would be terrific to include  one or both of your favored players. But if a reasonable deal is offered without one of them then the Sabres need to seize it and get a fresh start in the non-Eichel era. 

1 hour ago, Gabrielor said:

Give me a package with Krebs, and I consider Adams to have done well with the Eichel mess.

Just a wild unsubstantiated guess, but I think if Krebs was offered up, no matter who else was packaged with him, the trade would have already been made. 

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why would you walk away from the @wookie1 deal if the two players you referenced weren't included? The centerpiece of the deal would be Krebs. He's the essential player in the deal. And if Tuch was in the deal that would make the deal even more appealing. The biggest benefit in such a deal is that Vegas would have to deal with the medical issues and the Sabres would be able move on and start putting the roster pieces together without any distractions. 

Make no mistake about what I am suggesting. I'm not advocating trading Jack just to do away with all this commotion. It would be terrific to include  one or both of your favored players. But if a reasonable deal is offered without one of them then the Sabres need to seize it and get a fresh start in the non-Eichel era. 

You answer the question in paragraph one in paragraph two. 

I don't find it a reasonable deal. The 2022 first from Vegas will be something like pick 26-32. It sounds nice being a first rounder but it isn't that impressive. Krebs and Tuch are nice and I like them a lot but do they equal Eichel? Maybe in a few years if Krebs hits and hits hard sure. Tuch we know will be good. Smith is a 1 year cap dump. So essential I am getting a very late 1st, a cap dump (ik Smith has value), a top prospect, and a good roster player. I need another prospect that isn't 3-4 years away in that mix so I want one of Vegas' 2nd tier prospects. Dorofeyev is a Russian in NA so that helps our recent Russians craze or Korczak who is a big RHD which helps our depth there. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't find it a reasonable deal. The 2022 first from Vegas will be something like pick 26-32. It sounds nice being a first rounder but it isn't that impressive. Krebs and Tuch are nice and I like them a lot but do they equal Eichel? Maybe in a few years if Krebs hits and hits hard sure. Tuch we know will be good. Smith is a 1 year cap dump. So essential I am getting a very late 1st, a cap dump (ik Smith has value), a top prospect, and a good roster player. I need another prospect that isn't 3-4 years away in that mix so I want one of Vegas' 2nd tier prospects. Dorofeyev is a Russian in NA so that helps our recent Russians craze or Korczak who is a big RHD which helps our depth there. 

That deal sounds better than anything other teams fans propose.  

Just now, inkman said:

That deal sounds better than anything other teams fans propose.  

Unknown number calls Adams: I'll give you a sweaty slot machine token, a night at a motel that's way off the strip, a strippers fake phone number, and a 7th round pick in 2029 for Jack Eichel. 

Adams: Dammit Chris, ik you aren't vegas stop calling!

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I would love to have your adds on. But the Jack we are talking about is currently injured with an uncertain future. He barely played last year and there is a chance that he won't be able to play next year. And if he does return to the ice he may not be the player he once was. The major risk in a transaction isn't on the team shipping out  Eichel as it is for the team receiving him. 

I understand your position but if the Sabres could make a deal with Vegas that includes Krebs,Tuch and a lower first round pick I would do it. Let's not make perfect be the enemy of the good.  

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I would love to have your adds on. But the Jack we are talking about is currently injured with an uncertain future. He barely played last year and there is a chance that he won't be able to play next year. And if he does return to the ice he may not be the player he once was. The major risk in a transaction isn't on the team shipping out  Eichel as it is for the team receiving him. 

I understand your position but if the Sabres could make a deal with Vegas that includes Krebs,Tuch and a lower first round pick I would do it. Let's not make perfect be the enemy of the good.  

It would be one extra prospect. Singular, either Dorofeyev OR Korczak. 

Tuch just had surgery and is out 6 months if you want to talk major risks. That's an unproven prospect, an unknown 1st round pick, and an injured Tuch for Eichel. That is a bad deal. 

That isn't good. Krebs has to hit as a top 6 forward. Maybe Vegas shouldn't be the enemy of a good deal instead of getting Eichel. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

My intentions include sacrificing potential draft pick capital to assure solid pieces. 

Your offer is literally my bare minimum for an Eichel trade.

21 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

My intentions include sacrificing potential draft pick capital to assure solid pieces. 

Your offer is literally my bare minimum for an Eichel trade.

If it is a bare minimum then you find it acceptable. Of course I would prefer more but if the minimum is met then I would advocate for a deal. My minimum is that a deal has to include a high end prospect who is capable of being a #1 or #2 center in the not too distant future and plus more pieces. Tuch is a genuine first or second line forward. That would qualify as a very valuable piece to this proposed transaction.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.