Shopping Jack Eichel: Vegas

dudacek

Vegas could offer the best  now and future deal:

Theodore+ Tuch+Krebs+1st or young prospect. If Fleury somehow waived take him for cap purposes. One year of a really good goalie and leader would do wonders for morale and you could always flip him for futures.

Theodore and Tuch are mid 20s and Krebs would be ready to step in.

They don’t have the high pick or depth of prospects but would offer guys that could help today.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Lots here say it the non weird, non "vegg-es" way.

I feel like it’s an absolute refusal to accept the Latino origin of Las Vegas.  Like words must be pronounced 100% at face value only using grammatical rules familiar to them.  Hence; Pro-cess, organ-eye-zation, etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I feel like it’s an absolute refusal to accept the Latino origin of Las Vegas.  Like words must be pronounced 100% at face value only using grammatical rules familiar to them.  Hence; Pro-cess, organ-eye-zation, etc. 

I say praww-cess, and organ-eye-zation so I dunno lol. "Organ-izz-ation" would be the word I use for what I was doing when tidying or arranging or something 

Edited by Thorny

On 6/25/2021 at 12:06 PM, LabattBlue said:

Without a compliance buyout in the next 2-3 years, there is no way they are ridding themselves of Skinner.  It really sucks, but that is the only way. 😞

What if you make a deal with Seattle for the #2 for Eichel a first next year and they agree to draft Skinner in expansion draft?

I don't like it but right now as the Sabres are in cost cutting mode as well as a rebuild I can see it happening.

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

What if you make a deal with Seattle for the #2 for Eichel a first next year and they agree to draft Skinner in expansion draft?

I don't like it but right now as the Sabres are in cost cutting mode as well as a rebuild I can see it happening.

Skinner would have to agree to waive NMC. I think that’s highly unlikely.  

On 6/26/2021 at 11:50 AM, Flashsabre said:

Vegas could offer the best  now and future deal:

Theodore+ Tuch+Krebs+1st or young prospect. If Fleury somehow waived take him for cap purposes. One year of a really good goalie and leader would do wonders for morale and you could always flip him for futures.

Theodore and Tuch are mid 20s and Krebs would be ready to step in.

They don’t have the high pick or depth of prospects but would offer guys that could help today.

I'd almost do Tuch for Eichel straight up. Maybe Tuch + 2022 1st and 2023 1st.  

Then flip Sam for someone's 2021 1st this year. Then you have 6 #1 draft picks over the next 3 years.

• Sad 1

I cannot fathom thinking so highly of and getting so excited about the idea of having first round picks. Almost every first round pick I've ever seen the Sabres make was absent from making real impact on this team for years, if not forever. Persson,  Myers, Kassian, Pysyk, Armia, Grigs, Girgs, Risto, Reinhart, Eichel, Nylander, Mitts, Dahlin, Cozens, Quinn. Three of those guys have scored more than like 30 points for this team, and we are about to trade two of those 3 after failing with them. Yay, we get six more of this spread over many years such that it'll be another 7 years before we verify that most of them failed! Exciting!!!

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ash said:

Then flip Sam for someone's 2021 1st this year. Then you have 6 #1 draft picks over the next 3 years.

No! 

1 hour ago, Radar said:

No! 

Exactly what is the objection? Set your own path here for a real rebuild....which is what the Sabres SHOULD have done back in 2015 when they drafted Jack. Instead they gave their 1sts away for Kane and Lehner, neither of which lasted as Sabres. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

It's not as stupid as you think. Or you can do the O'Reilly to St. Louis trade all over again with Eichel going to Columbus, like Portzline floated in The Athletic, and let's see how that works out.

3 minutes ago, ash said:

Exactly what is the objection? Set your own path here for a real rebuild....which is what the Sabres SHOULD have done back in 2015 when they drafted Jack. Instead they gave their 1sts away for Kane and Lehner, neither of which lasted as Sabres. 

There is an issue on this board that you can just chalk up to people being different.

-There are some of us who want the Sabres to do a 'proper rebuild'  strip it down to the studs and take your time. No shortcuts.  People like that enjoy the rebuild..they enjoy the team getting a little bit better year after year.

-there are others of us who just want the team to win.  No waiting, no long rebuilds.  Get a baseline of young players (a core) but then add to it players that will allow you to win now. Other teams do it, why not the sabres?  

Of course, many people may say they are in the middle but almost everyone leans toward one side of the other. Most of the arguments I read on this board are between people who fall into one of the two categories above.

Just now, mjd1001 said:

There is an issue on this board that you can just chalk up to people being different.

-There are some of us who want the Sabres to do a 'proper rebuild'  strip it down to the studs and take your time. No shortcuts.  People like that enjoy the rebuild..they enjoy the team getting a little bit better year after year.

-there are others of us who just want the team to win.  No waiting, no long rebuilds.  Get a baseline of young players (a core) but then add to it players that will allow you to win now. Other teams do it, why not the sabres?  

Of course, many people may say they are in the middle but almost everyone leans toward one side of the other. Most of the arguments I read on this board are between people who fall into one of the two categories above.

Fair enough.

Having Vegas and the Ducks battling it out for Jack, both not wanting the other team in their division to get him, is a best case scenario for the Sabres. Hopefully it ends up with a team adding an extra quality asset that they didn’t want to give up.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, ash said:

It's not as stupid as you think. Or you can do the O'Reilly to St. Louis trade all over again with Eichel going to Columbus, like Portzline floated in The Athletic, and let's see how that works out.

Your proposal was Alex Tuch, LV 2022 1st, LV 2023 1st. That is the equivalent of the ROR trade. 

Alex Tuch is better than Berglund or Sobotka absolutely but Eichel is better than ROR. So sure that's better but you're basically trading a great NHL player for a good NHL player versus a good NHL player for a couple meh nhl players. 

Tage Thompson was a 20th overall pick and you will be hard pressed for either Vegas pick to be that high. At best I think you're looking at 24/25th overall. 

Ryan Johnson also a 1st round pick at 31st overall. So that equates to your other 1st round pick. 

So basically Tuch is an upgrade over Sobotka/Berglund and then you have two firsts which will get you prospects most likely in the Tage to Johnson range. That's complete sh#t for Jack Eichel. You get 1 2nd line player and then a couple late round firsts. Can those first rounders be better than Tage? Yes but that is a gamble not a certainty versus something like 3oa which I will all but guarantee is better than Tage. So that is why I posted the gif in response to your trade because it was a ROR level of bad asset management that will set this franchise back yet further than it will be when Eichel does get traded in the next month. 

*note, columbus is a garbage trade partner and all trades even including all their 1st round picks are trash. The Portzline article was awful and he should feel bad for writing it. 

2 hours ago, ash said:

Come on. 

You want a warm response don't say something like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ash said:

50 minutes ago, ash said:

47 minutes ago, ash said:

43 minutes ago, ash said:

Fair enough.

With all that said, welcome to board. Don't leave because some disliked your first post or idea. This is a passionate place but we need more ideas not less. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.