Shopping Jack Eichel: Vegas

dudacek

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So let me get this straight. 

You think that Mark Stone can guide a team by himself where Eichel failed by himself... 

You either build around Eichel or reset. By the time you build around Stone he'll be 31 or 32. 

I think they can build around Eichel right now though. I know the new in vogue thought around here is that this team CAN’T be moulded into a playoff contender this summer but I’ve never held that view. With moves to supplement the young players with capable vets rather than even younger players it could be possible. 

Were you of the opinion we could NOT have built around Eichel this summer to field a playoff team for next? If with him, why not Stone, who’s arguably as good or better? 

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Would we reset it if we had Jack? Why reset it with Stone? He’s the capable vet to guide the younger part of the core 

We’d be resetting it so that one day if we were super super lucky the pick would become as good as Stone 

Take him now 

Hypothetically, this is not a bad idea.  However, is this the same Mark Stone who has the full NMC?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think they can build around Eichel right now though. I know the new in vogue thought around here is that this team CAN’T be moulded into a playoff contender this summer but I’ve never held that view. With moves to supplement the young players with capable vets rather than even younger players it could be possible. 

We you of the opinion we could NOT have built around Eichel this summer to field a playoff team for next? If with him, why not Stone, who’s arguably as good or better? 

Idk what the second paragraph means. 

It has nothing to do with what's in vogue. I'd build around Eichel but they aren't doing that. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Idk what the second paragraph means. 

It has nothing to do with what's in vogue. I'd build around Eichel but they aren't doing that. 

I’m saying if you could build around Eichel why not Stone? If you can build a team with Eichel into a playoff contender this summer you can do it with Stone 

Not that difficult a concept 

Skinner - Reinhart - Stone 

Olofsson - Cozens - Garland 

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson 

...if Stone provides the “culture” KA wants and Reinhart stays, there’s a universe this makes a ton of sense if the goaltending is upgraded. 

Anyways was just supposed to be a fun thought exercise I know it won’t happen 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I’m saying if you could build around Eichel why not Stone? If you can build a team with Eichel into a playoff contender this summer you can do it with Stone 

Not that difficult a concept 

I don't believe in your timeline 

Not a difficult concept. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Skinner - Reinhart - Stone 

Olofsson - Cozens - Garland 

Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson 

...if Stone provides the “culture” KA wants and Reinhart stays, there’s a universe this makes a ton of sense if the goaltending is upgraded. 

Anyways was just supposed to be a fun thought exercise I know it won’t happen 

It might have worked if Stone was 3-4 years younger. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't believe in your timeline 

Not a difficult concept

Good grief. You deserved the first one for the “I don’t understand what this means.” 

Any universe or timeline that doesn’t result in Beniers can’t be believed in, got it. Yes, we are getting Beniers. Sleep well! 

(Regardless of Power being, inarguably, the consensus 1, mind you) 

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Good grief. You deserved the first one for the “I don’t understand what this means.” 

Any universe or timeline that doesn’t result in Beniers can’t be believed in, got it. Yes, we are getting Beniers. Sleep well! 

What does Beniers have to do with anything? 

"Were you of the opinion we could NOT have built around Eichel this summer to field a playoff team for next?" This is the sentence I didn't understand, sorry? Now that you've edited it for clarity I do understand it. Yes we could field a playoff team by building around Eichel. 

Edited by LGR4GM

21 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You should take a deep breath. Not wanting to trade Eichel for Stone has nothing to do with Beniers or Power.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What does Beniers have to do with anything? 

"Were you of the opinion we could NOT have built around Eichel this summer to field a playoff team for next?" This is the sentence I didn't understand, sorry? Now that you've edited it for clarity I do understand it. Yes we could field a playoff team by building around Eichel. 

I didn’t really edit anything I just misspelled “were” 

wertever. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You should take a deep breath. Not wanting to trade Eichel for Stone has nothing to do with Beniers or Power.

I’m not upset. To be honest you started the entire engagement with “let me get this straight” which is quite a chetty thing to say so i decided to argue at the level appropriate 

Edited by Thorny

Not even sure what you're mad about now. 

Just now, Thorny said:

I’m not upset. To be honest you started the entire engagement with “let me get this straight” which is chetty thing to say so i decided to argue at the level appropriate 

Ok

Eichel for Fleury, Tuch, Krebs, Hague, 1st

MAF has to go for cap reasons. You agree to flip Fleury for assets since he won’t want to play for Buffalo next year. Tuch can be a leader today. Young forward prospect in Krebs, young dman in Hague, low 1st.  

You could take that offer to Anaheim, Minny, Chicago, anyone else and hope they beat it.

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Eichel for Fleury, Tuch, Krebs, Hague, 1st

MAF has to go for cap reasons. You agree to flip Fleury for assets since he won’t want to play for Buffalo next year. Tuch can be a leader today. Young forward prospect in Krebs, young dman in Hague, low 1st.  

You could take that offer to Anaheim, Minny, Chicago, anyone else and hope they beat it.

Add their 2022 1st too 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

Crazy thought, but if somehow a deal could be engineered that would include Jack, Skinner for Stone and MAF, I'd be curious.  A lot of "if's" there, but conceptually swapping bad long term contracts with Stone and Skinner is my line of thinking.  I'd rather have Stone long-term than Skinner.  MAF could provide a bridge in hopes our G prospects can develop. 

2 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Crazy thought, but if somehow a deal could be engineered that would include Jack, Skinner for Stone and MAF, I'd be curious.  A lot of "if's" there, but conceptually swapping bad long term contracts with Stone and Skinner is my line of thinking.  I'd rather have Stone long-term than Skinner.  MAF could provide a bridge in hopes our G prospects can develop. 

The tone of this post makes it sound like Stone isn’t an elite player, and makes it sound like he is on a terrible contract.  You almost make him sound like a cap dump.

Not sure if that was your intention.

2 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Jeff Skinner has a full no trade clause and is from Southern Ontario. 

34 minutes ago, Curt said:

The tone of this post makes it sound like Stone isn’t an elite player, and makes it sound like he is on a terrible contract.  You almost make him sound like a cap dump.

Not sure if that was your intention.

Thanks...sorry did not mean to imply that.  I agree Stone is an elite player and will be for a while, but he's only 2 years into his 8 year deal and I wonder how his game will be a few years from now.  Unfortunately for him and Vegas, his performance was below expectations against Montreal.  But as you and others have mentioned, the "if's" may kill any chance of anything like this happening because of the multiple NMC's. 

I have this continual question in my head as to how Buffalo can somehow get out of the Skinner deal....as unlikely as that may be.

8 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I have this continual question in my head as to how Buffalo can somehow get out of the Skinner deal....as unlikely as that may be.

Without a compliance buyout in the next 2-3 years, there is no way they are ridding themselves of Skinner.  It really sucks, but that is the only way. 😞

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.