Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Your suspicions are not well grounded. Everyone in the business knows what is going on. 

Okay, you win. If he gets traded soon we’ll know you were right. But if not..

Anyone else notice that all rumors have stopped since the statement? 

Edited by I-90 W
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He always skates there in the summer. That is where a bunch of the NHL guys who live in Boston go. 

I know that, but I thought that after Friday's shenanigans that he would keep a low profile or show up at a Dunkin Donuts in Brookline in a neck brace.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

I know that, but I thought that after Friday's shenanigans that he would keep a low profile or show up at a Dunkin Donuts in Brookline in a neck brace.

You thought after he made his agents say he had to get surgery and toss a flaming grenade at the Sabres org he would lie low? I'm honestly surprised he isn't doing interviews and tiktok videos of him talking about getting traded. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He always skates there in the summer. That is where a bunch of the NHL guys who live in Boston go. 

Yep, and there's a summer pro league at Foxboro Sports Center where they play too.   Not sure if Eichel's playing there tho.  

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

Which is the greater sin?

Holding out for the most, but getting the least or just taking something just because it’s better than nothing?

I think at this point the Sabres are committed to winning the PR battle more than winning the trade...

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I think at this point the Sabres are committed to winning the PR battle more than winning the trade...

I think if you’re not at least getting a poor man’s replacement, then the risk of getting nothing doesn’t really matter. Anything less then one solid replacement-type player would be considered a failure anyway, so might as well hold out as long as you can. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I think if you’re not at least getting a poor man’s replacement, then the risk of getting nothing doesn’t really matter. Anything less then one solid replacement-type player would be considered a failure anyway, so might as well hold out as long as you can. 

If the Sabres hold out and Eichel and his camp get more and more aggressive it basically ends up making the Sabres look better in the long run even if the return ends up being worse than hoped for.

6 minutes ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

Great. You want to impress the NHL GM's Jack? Play some full - contact Hockey. 

Signed. 

A dude with neck and back disc issues. 

Welcome to the board.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You thought after he made his agents say he had to get surgery and toss a flaming grenade at the Sabres org he would lie low? I'm honestly surprised he isn't doing interviews and tiktok videos of him talking about getting traded. 

#FreeJack

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Which is the greater sin?

Holding out for the most, but getting the least or just taking something just because it’s better than nothing?

Yes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Okay, you win. If he gets traded soon we’ll know you were right. But if not..

Anyone else notice that all rumors have stopped since the statement? 

I don't know when Jack will get traded. No one does. What I do know is that the GM is not going to trade him until he gets what he considers a fair offer. That is what the GM has repeatedly stated. That's his stance. That can happen very soon or way down the line. I can't tell you what the timing is because I like everyone don't know.

• Awesome! (+1) 1