Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, Curt said:

They could make it work I think.

They definitely can. I’m a big proponent of the cap being fake but in the world most teams operate it’s not a great situation for the player or team. If I were Minnesota I’d still do it because you’re not going to contend with what you’ve got anyways and guys like Jack aren’t available often. BUT in reality it isn’t a good fit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They definitely can. I’m a big proponent of the cap being fake but in the world most teams operate it’s not a great situation for the player or team. If I were Minnesota I’d still do it because you’re not going to contend with what you’ve got anyways and guys like Jack aren’t available often. BUT in reality it isn’t a good fit.

I think Guerin is actually concerned about Kaprizov bolting, and if he isn’t able to prevent that, he is immediately on the hot seat.

16 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Why what happened? 

He doesn't ever get anything, he just acts like he does then quote tweets the big names and says he did. It's pretty annoying tbh, he's very full of himself and he didn't have a single scoop. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, WildCard said:

He doesn't ever get anything, he just acts like he does then quote tweets the big names and says he did. It's pretty annoying tbh, he's very full of himself and he didn't have a single scoop. 

I actually disagree, he has actually broke quite a few things prior to the bigger named guys. He's certainly a real piece of work but he does a good job.

Just now, WildCard said:

Any examples?

A few of the trades at the deadline primarily, he at minimum has a couple legit sources. I don't have an exact example but I remember for a fact he beat Dreger and Friedman on a few of the trades and UFAs last year.

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hoss said:

“We’ve never seen something like this.”

”Yes we have.”

”We will never see something like this again.”

No we haven't there's only one  wayne gretzky  that was a huge day for American sports 

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

My sprint is dead 

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Both Matt Boldy and Marco Rossi would be a helluvalot better than what we’ve heard previously.

Boldy doesn’t get talked up much, but he’s a damn good prospect.

If we can get both, move Eichel tomorrow.  

• Like (+1) 1

Guerin doesn’t strike me as a “we better be very cautious with the cap situation” type of guy. He is more the “I’m going all in on what I want and we will figure that stuff out later.

I think Eichel to Minny for Rossi, Boldy,++ would be the best return unless Anaheim sweeps in at the last second with both Zegras and 3OA on the table.

Just not to NYR for a collection of mediocre stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

A few of the trades at the deadline primarily, he at minimum has a couple legit sources. I don't have an exact example but I remember for a fact he beat Dreger and Friedman on a few of the trades and UFAs last year.

I don't believe he has any sources. I think it's a random guy saying random *****. You're bound to get a few right. I could do it with ease.

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

No we haven't there's only one  wayne gretzky  that was a huge day for American sports 

So the only NHL player ever traded that compares to Jack is ... Wayne Gretzky?

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

This is like the night before Christmas. 

It's the night before the jail sentence starts.  Not sure how people can get excited about trading the franchise's best scorer in 15 years.  Besides, he's not the only one who wants out nor will be the only one dealt.  It's nearing or equal to the day Drury and Briere left.  

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Both Matt Boldy and Marco Rossi would be a helluvalot better than what we’ve heard previously.

Boldy doesn’t get talked up much, but he’s a damn good prospect.

Prospects who haven't played 1 game in the NHL and less than 2 dozen in the AHL combined.   

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Minny would need to ship a few million back from somebody (Dumba? Sturm?) in order to make the cap work better for them and that's where I get worried cuz I doubt they'll want to move big cap hits AND two prospects AND draft capital..when in reality I value the last two more. Then I start to get RoR package flashbacks and I'm all the sad 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I don't believe he has any sources. I think it's a random guy saying random *****. You're bound to get a few right. I could do it with ease.

So the only NHL player ever traded that compares to Jack is ... Wayne Gretzky?

What in the world are you talking about 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/nhl-teams-looking-acquire-draft-capital-land-jack-eichel/

Apologies if this was posted by Frank Servalli says the Rangers are trying to get a top 10 pick and people around the league believe they're doing so to try to get Eichel. He adds the Ducks are definitely back in the conversation and he wonders if LA is still there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/nhl-teams-looking-acquire-draft-capital-land-jack-eichel/

Apologies if this was posted by Frank Servalli says the Rangers are trying to get a top 10 pick and people around the league believe they're doing so to try to get Eichel. He adds the Ducks are definitely back in the conversation and he wonders if LA is still there.

A 3 way deal might make the most sense.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

A 3 way deal might make the most sense.  

I had just typed this out when you responded ...

Getting a little silly but connecting some dots. Seattle has reportedly been hot after Ryan Strome. So ...

Seattle gets: Ryan Strome, Rasmus Ristolainen, #15 overall

Rangers get: Jack Eichel, 2021 2nd (BOS)

Sabres get: #2 overall, Nils Lundqvist, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Jared McCann

Seattle retains some salary on Jack in this deal. Problem with this deal is it’s too complicated for draft day. Seattle would need extensions with Strome and Risto otherwise they risk everything on one year deals.

Strome's value should be relatively high if you can get an extension done. His last two seasons pace out at 21-49-70 per 82 games.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

I had just typed this out when you responded ...

Getting a little silly but connecting some dots. Seattle has reportedly been hot after Ryan Strome. So ...

Seattle gets: Ryan Strome, Rasmus Ristolainen, #15 overall

Rangers get: Jack Eichel, 2021 2nd (BOS)

Sabres get: #2 overall, Nils Lundqvist, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Jared McCann

Seattle retains some salary on Jack in this deal. Problem with this deal is it’s too complicated for draft day. Seattle would need extensions with Strome and Risto otherwise they risk everything on one year deals.

Strome's value should be relatively high if you can get an extension done. His last two seasons pace out at 21-49-70 per 82 games.

NO interest in sending Eichel to the Rangers.

• Like (+1) 1