GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hutton is the master of playing games in which you can't necessarily say any specific goal is 100% his fault, yet once again you need 6+ goals to win with him in haha

I think it's the only player on a team that can be just "not actively terrible" and that be given a "can't blame em" pass. 

Goalie is one of the most important positions on a team. It's ok for them to add to a team lol 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know what you're reading. But where have I stood up for this team? By saying it's not on the goalie? I'm just responding to simplistic takes looking at the end result. The Sabres need to be blown up. They need a new regime. But I'm not in favor of a sale unless it's guaranteed that it's a local group as committed to Buffalo as the Pegulas. (Which is a lot to ask for.)

Oh, how's my Bills homerism looking now?

I don't disagree entirely (see my last post), and I certainly don't want to fight. Sorry if that came across as an attack. We're all cranky & flustered at this point. We all deserve better and we wouldn't be here if we didn't care.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I am so tired of watching Eric Staal stop moving his feet, lean forward, reach, and watch the other team skate away with the puck.

I'm getting to the point now of saying give Dylan Cozens the 2C role.  Staal has not been the answer and neither is Lazar or Eakin.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have been shocked by how...mediocre...Hall looks in the games i've seen 

I don't feel we've ever had "Taylor Hall". So far in Buffalo, that's been merely a concept from a league gone by. 

Doesn't look great on KA when that was used as reasoning for why he didn't upgrade elsewhere. Staal looks terrible and that was his "most important" move. 

KA had a poor offseason. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But don't blame the guys in front. They're awesome.

The worst players at their job on the team this and last year are Hutton and Skinner.

For the duration of their Sabres careers, Hutton owns the honor by himself 

We have many other problems but adding a league average backup G, or even better, a no-BS 1G to play with Ullmark would be the single most impactful individual move we could possibly make 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

The worst players at their job on the team this and last year are Hutton and Skinner.

For the duration of their Sabres careers, Hutton owns the honor by himself 

We have many other problems but adding a league average backup G, or even better, a no-BS 1G to play with Ullmark would be the single most impactful individual move we could possibly make 

Agree.  Okposso and Montour are major disappointments considering the expectations we had for them. 

Bryson and Cozens look good. 

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't feel we've ever had "Taylor Hall". So far in Buffalo, that's been merely a concept from a league gone by. 

Hall was fine as a 1 year gamble, but no way do I re-sign him to a big multi-year deal.  14 career playoff games over 10+ NHL seasons, almost always a minus player, and soon to be on the wrong side of thirty.  Thanks, but a big NO THANKS. 

He is exactly what this teams needs LESS of, not MORE of.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Hall was fine as a 1 year gamble, but no way to I re-sign him to a big multi-year deal.  14 career playoff games over 10+ NHL season, almost always a minus player, and on soon to be on the wrong side of thirty.  Thanks, but a big NO THANKS. 

I think I agree. They need to learn from their mistakes. 

Even a short term, 7 mil per deal could leave us with this Hall, for that much. How do we take that chance? 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Hall was fine as a 1 year gamble, but no way to I re-sign him to a big multi-year deal.  14 career playoff games over 10+ NHL season, almost always a minus player, and on soon to be on the wrong side of thirty.  Thanks, but a big NO THANKS. 

Just keep him long enough to win the #1 pick in the lottery?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.