GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

I've gotten nostalgia for casseroles at times...   If I make them like my mom made them, with the ingredients available at the time --- yeah. No good.

But if you make a casserole with some really good ingredients and really good recipe? That casserole can be delicious. I guess it's like a franchise.

I made a tuna casserole with fresh mushrooms, homemade roux/cream, top-shelf oil can tuna. Delicious.     But as a kid we got cream of mushroom condensed, bottom-shelf Bumblebee in water...  it was tasty, but... not good.

I'm going to be blunt. Eichel sucks. Not only is he quitting on offensive plays, he's a defensive liability. He's checked out, he doesn't care, whatever the excuse, he's crap and so, as a team built around him and supposedly led by him we as a team also suck. If Tortorella was our coach he'd be benched,

The entire team is clearly delusional. I like some aspects of Bryson's game, he has real potential (but I can already see it, we're going to rush him in and ruin him) and it was nice he got his first NHL goal but in the intermission interview down 4-1 "we're playing a pretty good game" is some sort of alternative reality I'm clearly not part of.. Either the kid is incredibly dumb (which I doubt very much) or this is the positive crap they're being fed in the locker room and it is the most unbelievable rubbish ever. If that was a "pretty good game" the bar is so low it's submerged in the swamp. 

How much are we paying Montour? Whatever it is, it's too much. 

This team sucks so bad.

Barzel goal was sick. Unfortunately for us it'll probably make the plays of the year reel. Aren't Hall and Eichel supposed to be the ones dazzling us with that sort of thing?  What a draft year that was, and now I'm not sure we even got the 2nd best player in it. Such a pile of crap this team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

As somebody once said in the Soprano's...."Some people (the SABRES) are so far behind in the race that they actually believe that they're leading." 

This is brilliant. I have no doubt Terry believes in his heart of hearts they're not that far off. Hell, Adams admitted that before the season that was his thinking.

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

As long as we are on this conversation, Marcus Foligno, who we gave away to get the empty husk of Jason Pominville, has 7 goals and 7 assists this year and costs 2.875 million. Hall has 2 goals, 11 assists and costs 8 million. Marcus will also kill penalties and smack you in the mouth.

You know what...I'm in favor of making Mike Foligno the HC, and trading for Marcus and Nick.  I love me a Foligno! LOL

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is brilliant. I have no doubt Terry believes in his heart of hearts they're not that far off. Hell, Adams admitted that before the season that was his thinking.

Something close to: "If we get Hall..it's not about the playoffs..it's cup contender" and Adams proceeding to agree.

It's so cringe now haha

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

As long as we are on this conversation, Marcus Foligno, who we gave away to get the empty husk of Jason Pominville, has 7 goals and 7 assists this year and costs 2.875 million. Hall has 2 goals, 11 assists and costs 8 million. Marcus will also kill penalties and smack you in the mouth.

He kicked the crap outta Kynzhov last week. Stopped the fight himself.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.