GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They are wasting losses.  5-2 is an embarrassment, but not enough of one to get Krueger fired.  I want a better effort tomorrow.

Not kidding, I was actually hoping for the Islanders to score a few more on us today, maybe they are waiting for prime time to help us out.

Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

LOL. That wasn’t hate, it was pure helpless laughter at how ridiculous it’s become.
No matter who he’s playing with or against, no matter how bad or good he plays, he cannot score a goal.

I don't really mean that post. I just mean, I know you hate Skinner, and I've never seen you post quite like you do when talking about Skinner haha

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

And this was against a fellow stifling/low-event team. Can you imagine what we'll look like when we face teams that are now in midseason form and want to try and score? The Pens, the Caps, Boston...  those teams are going to pulverize us.

Pulverize?!

Umm, the Isles are leading the division.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Can’t wait to do this all again tomorrow!

cary grant love GIF by FilmStruck

With apologies to Albert Einstein, the definition of insanity is watching the Ralph Krueger 'led' Buffalo Sabres over and over and expecting different results.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't really mean that post. I just mean, I know you hate Skinner, and I've never seen you post quite like you do when talking about Skinner haha

He sounds like me when I feel very strongly about something that other people in my perception just don't seem to care about. It's not about disagreement, but the complete bafflement at the fact that it isn't more of a topic, full stop. 

It's the "I feel like im taking crazy pills" feeling, I think, that you are noticing. 

I could be way off but ya lol 

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

They're excellent. But Trotz has them play defense and counter and they completely took their foot off the gas in the third once they instantly got the goal back to make it 5-2. Other more offensive-minded teams are going to run-and-gun and get their points stats. Ovie is going to be psyched to go for hat tricks against Hutton/JJ.

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You know what...I'm in favor of making Mike Foligno the HC, and trading for Marcus and Nick.  I love me a Foligno! LOL

In fact I'm pretty sure that even at the age of 62, If Mike Foligno laced them up during practice, skated on the ice, dropped the gloves, and challenged the entire team, that most of them would be afraid of him.  😂

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

They're excellent. But Trotz has them play defense and counter and they completely took their foot off the gas in the third once they instantly got the goal back to make it 5-2. Other more offensive-minded teams are going to run-and-gun and get their points stats. Ovie is going to be psyched to go for hat tricks against Hutton/JJ.

Any team takes its foot of the gas at 5-2 late in the third and plays defense.

That's why the Sabres made sure they scored 9 by the early third against Philly in 2006.  

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He sounds like me when I feel very strongly about something that other people in my perception just don't seem to care about. It's not about disagreement, but the complete bafflement at the fact that it isn't more of a topic, full stop. 

It's the "I feel like im taking crazy pills" feeling, I think, that you are noticing. 

I could be way off but ya lol 

We have "Eichel needs to be stripped of the damn C!" and Jack has 16 x more points than Jeff this year. Yes, 16x as many. 

And Skinner makes only 1 million less. 

If Skinner was drafted by us we'd have warrants out for his arrest. 

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The reason they’re leading the division with the capitals is that between the two of them they have nine wins and one OT loss between them against us. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We have "Eichel needs to be stripped of the damn C!" and Jack has 16 x more points than Jeff this year. Yes, 16x as many. 

And Skinner makes only 1 million less. 

If Skinner was drafted by us we'd have warrants out for his arrest. 

Skinner is not used correctly and the results show it.  Sorry to the "Skinner should drive a line" or "Skinner doesn't play D well" crowds.  Not his job.  His job is to snipe.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

The reason they’re leading the division with the capitals is that between the two of them they have nine wins and one OT loss between them against us. 

That stat is both sobering and sad.

1 minute ago, SDS said:

It's intra-division games only, this year, so teams that aren't so good don't always beat the Sabs (just often, not always), while teams that are good almost always do.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Any team takes its foot of the gas at 5-2 late in the third and plays defense.

That's why the Sabres made sure they scored 9 by the early third against Philly in 2006.  

They won't need to because they'll be able to rest in the second.  You've got to give the fans what they want. I had to look back --- Gm2 at Buffalo we needed the fans happy. And in Gm6 Philly fans needed the release of those boos.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.