Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Watching the Loafs - Eulers on HNiC and the Loafs are wearing their "reverse retro" unis.  Amazingly, they managed to #### up blue & white unis.  Rather than staying blue & white, or going w/ a cream shade like the BJ's have for their 3rds, they replaced the white w/ a dingy gray.

These are shocking.  Drab,  can't make out any details.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Watching the Loafs - Eulers on HNiC and the Loafs are wearing their "reverse retro" unis.  Amazingly, they managed to #### up blue & white unis.  Rather than staying blue & white, or going w/ a cream shade like the BJ's have for their 3rds, they replaced the white w/ a dingy gray.

Short of Nike-fying them with neon green or neon pink (which could actually be on such a special plane of bad, it might actually work), they really couldn't have made them worse if they tried.

Impressive, Adidas, impressive indeed.

Those unis are terrible.  They don’t look appealing, but even from a practical standpoint, they are so dark that from distance it’s difficult to make out the numbers during play.  It probably looked better up close in a boardroom than it does on tv, but navy blue numbers, on a navy blue jersey, with gray trim is just a dumb idea.

All they had to do was use white (or a cream color like you said) instead of gray to improve these significantly.

Also, McDavid’s goal in that game was awesome.  He made it look pretty easy though.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Rags have waiver DeAngelo.  That is a huge shock. A very talented RHD they just re-signed for two years at 4.8.  Only 25.  

Off ice stuff?  I haven’t heard anything specific recently, but I get the strong impression that he is a real piece of work.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He is struggling so far this season.  It would be interesting to kick the tires.  I’d do Miler for him straight up

I would not be interested in bringing him into my organization.  Divisive personality.

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently here is the reason for the waiver.  https://theathletic.com/news/tony-deangelo-rangers-waivers-altercation/xta59tUjcA6d

Rangers' Tony DeAngelo involved in altercation with teammate, placed on waivers

Headline from the Athletic article.  Apparently he got into an altercation with G Alex Georgiev in the tunnel in after the Rags lost in OT to the Pens.  According to the article he is known for being a hot head, made inappropriate comments as a junior players and was bench multiple times for verbal barbs aimed at opponents and officials.  

Sounds like a real peach.  Would be perfect for our dysfunctional team.  Sounds like they are going to void his contract for beaching the morals clause.  Apparently Georgiev is one of the nicest guys on the Rags.  

Wow, what a jerk!  

What's the line from Bull Durham:  A million dollar arm and a 5 cent head.

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

There is also a rumor that after K’Andre Miller scored His First Goal versus the Sabres the other day, D’Angelo collected the puck and never gave it to the trainers or Miller. 

There's also rumors of D'Angelo being mean to Miller prior to the point teammates went after D'Angelo about it. D'Angelo also had a history of using facial slurs. 

Wouldn't touch this guy with a 10ft pole.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Apparently here is the reason for the waiver.  https://theathletic.com/news/tony-deangelo-rangers-waivers-altercation/xta59tUjcA6d

Headline from the Athletic article.  Apparently he got into an altercation with G Alex Georgiev in the tunnel in after the Rags lost in OT to the Pens.  According to the article he is known for being a hot head, made inappropriate comments as a junior players and was bench multiple times for verbal barbs aimed at opponents and officials.  

Sounds like a real peach.  Would be perfect for our dysfunctional team.  Sounds like they are going to void his contract for beaching the morals clause.  Apparently Georgiev is one of the nicest guys on the Rags.  

Wow, what a jerk!  

What's the line from Bull Durham:  A million dollar arm and a 5 cent head.

D'Angelo got into it with Georgiev who apparently is extremely nice and it got so bad Krieder stepped in and punched D'Angelo in the face. 

Edited by LGR4GM

9 hours ago, Jävə Keith said:

DeAngelo just got waived from Rangers (because he prefers Parler over Censoring Twitter). Let's grab him to help our D! Only on a 2 year contract.

He isn’t going to help a team defensively.  Also, he seems like a total POS.

19 hours ago, Brawndo said:

There is also a rumor that after K’Andre Miller scored His First Goal versus the Sabres the other day, D’Angelo collected the puck and never gave it to the trainers or Miller. 

I noticed after the next whistle MIller skated over to the scores box and they gave him a puck which I was assuming was his goal puck.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/1/2021 at 1:56 AM, PerreaultForever said:

Why stop there? I hear Mike Danton's out on parole..........................

(ya, just what this broken culture needs, a guy the Rangers can't stomach). 

You thought I was being serious?

17 hours ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Watched the Bruins and Caps tonight. Bruins go down 3-0 and come back to win 5-3. Pretty good scrap between Trent Frederic and Tom Wilson. Everything we used to love about hockey. (sigh)

I was impressed with Frederic taking him on. Held his own too. I'm not sure we have a single guy who would do that. McCabe might, but probably wouldn't fair too well. Nobody else. Bruins found another Bruin. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, PASabreFan said:

Still believes in plus minus.

You coach the team, Lindy!

Taking shots in the room at PK, nice. Like the Adam pat on the head and Vanek's weak handshake.  So much different from RK.  On that note, Ruff or the other past coach not to be mentioned, I bet either one of them vs Eichel and this fancy roster would be a scene.