Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Why did Winnipeg trade Roslovic?   Always liked the player.

From what I heard, CBJ wanted both players and wouldn't trade PLD for Laine straight up.

Roslo was sitting out wanting a trade. He wasn't going to crack the top 6 here and when he did, he didn't show very well.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'll bet you money Pittsburgh's next draft looks radically different. 

With Philly he accumulated a lot of draft capital and built a very respectable prospect pool

As an advisor to the Kings, they accumulated a lot of draft capital and have one of the leagues best prospect pools. 

Watching Him in Pittsburgh will be fun. Especially if they fall flat in the Playoffs and determine a rebuild is the way to go. 

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

With Philly he accumulated a lot of draft capital and built a very respectable prospect pool

As an advisor to the Kings, they accumulated a lot of draft capital and have one of the leagues best prospect pools. 

Watching Him in Pittsburgh will be fun. Especially if they fall flat in the Playoffs and determine a rebuild is the way to go. 

Pittsburgh does it the right way. After so many years of success, they don't wait for the wheels to fall off to make moves. They bring in experienced heads to run the team right away. Unlike one team we are so familiar with. Maybe one day the Pegulas will wake up and do the right thing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Was there a push from Mario to reset and a reluctance by Rutherford to do that?

Hextall is a good hockey man. Not really a fan of what Burke brings in this day and age.

Burke still believes you need some sandpaper in your lineup. You can’t be the wimpiest team in the league and expect to compete in the playoffs. He would have hated our roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Was there a push from Mario to reset and a reluctance by Rutherford to do that?

Hextall is a good hockey man. Not really a fan of what Burke brings in this day and age.

Friedman in the most recent 31 Thoughts Podcast mentioned that teams need to have two people in leadership roles. One person to be with the team for road trips, home games practices and be the Face of Franchise from a management point of view. The second runs the hockey ops portion.

I could Burke being the Face of Management whose primary purpose is to deal with the media, and give advice to Hextall when needed, after all he hasn’t met a microphone he doesn’t love yet