Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

Ok I admit, I didn’t even watch the clip.

got me there ... 

but my overall sentiment stays the same regarding Vesey. 

I guess I’m just used to people posting videos of EX-Sabres scoring or making a comment about an ex-sabre scoring and then lamenting how we should’ve hung onto that player. 😂

I remember people posting videos of Gerbe, Campbell, Ennis etc ...  and lamenting how we should have hung onto them all. 😆

Edited by Zamboni

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

lol, no one is giving up a top prospect like Peterka and it is laughable to name Cozens. Fleury is a 36 year old goalie with a 7 mil cap hit for 2 seasons, he's worth a later round pick and that is if Vegas retains half his salary. Worth something like a 3rd rounder. 

and I hope that is correct.

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Anyone interested in RHD Julius Honka (14th overall in 2014)? He is on waivers from Dallas.  He might be a interesting depth piece and he needs a fresh start.  RK could be the guy to get this 25 year old back on track.

No thanks. Friend of mine in Dallas always saying he's useless lol

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Anyone interested in RHD Julius Honka (14th overall in 2014)? He is on waivers from Dallas.  He might be a interesting depth piece and he needs a fresh start.  RK could be the guy to get this 25 year old back on track.

Nope, he plays a position we don't need and would be what? 5 or 6th on the RHD depth chart. If they wanted to waiver claim a defender the obvious answer was Kylington who they passed on. 

1 hour ago, rakish said:

Worrisome isn't the right word. Frost crumpled over like he had a dislocated shoulder. I think it was the Philly announcers who said that McCabe bumped into both of them.

Yeah, Frost didn't look good as he skated towards the bench.

Had no idea that Myers was injured as well.

Heinola played on the 1st pairing tonight for his first game since the WJC and he didn't look out of place whatsoever. The guy's as cool as a cucumber. Still kinda light tho.

The Jets have a lot of LHD and not too many RHD.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Heinola played on the 1st pairing tonight for his first game since the WJC and he didn't look out of place whatsoever. The guy's as cool as a cucumber. Still kinda light tho.

The Jets have a lot of LHD and not too many RHD.

I'll be shocked if the Art Ross doesn't come out of that division. 

More goals for that 7 team division than any other so far, both in raw total and on a team by team basis. 

They just aren't going to play defense in Canada this year. 

Edited by Thorny

Well, there’s the bigger stage Dubois wanted. 😜

Good on the Jets for waiting to move Laine until the right opportunity opened up.

I hope Terry Pegula can tear himself away from the Bills long enough to kick himself at least once.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

That is a big trade.  Very interesting.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I hope Terry Pegula can tear himself away from the Bills long enough to kick himself at least once.

Why?  1.  He shouldn't be involved in personnel moves and 2. what Laine-quality player did the Sabres have to offer?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Why?  1.  He shouldn't be involved in personnel moves and 2. what Laine-quality player did the Sabres have to offer?

It is a big trade. Columbus gets a couple of wingers. Looking at their roster on Capfriendly, their center spine is definitely questionable, no? If so, could there be more moves from Columbus coming?

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It is a big trade. Columbus gets a couple of wingers. Looking at their roster on Capfriendly, their center spine is definitely questionable, no? If so, could there be more moves from Columbus coming?

Lazar for Laine.  

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It was a reference to ROR and the fact that Terry slapped a deadline on that trade, meaning we took what was available, instead of maximizing the asset like the Jets did by sitting on a discontented Laine for months.