Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Apparently according to Eichel, Jack was injured from last year + a preseason injury + more injuries 🤷‍♂️

Well if that's true, which I doubt, why wasn't he dealing with it before the season? maybe that's the beginning of the disconnect. Eichel showing up to camp and saying oh by the way, I'm injured. 

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Hall was on fire tonight. He has really clicked with Krejci which is what was supposed to have happened with Eichel. So it brings up the question to my mind, was Eichel injured game 1, OR had he asked for a trade during the off season and not being granted his wish checked out and then shut himself down with the injury first excuse chance he got and hence the disconnect as the team was already pissed he hadn't given it his all after they got him the winger and so they felt it wasn't that bad and it was an excuse?  Then obviously Hall checked out and forced his outcome.

Hard to believe Hall came here with the idea of checking out, seeing as he was playing for his next contract. If this was his masterplan guy is a villain, but also a genius.  

He broke a rib ~1 week before TC opened.  He also was still dealing with the groin injury he suffered at the end of the previous season.

Why hadn't he fully dealt with the groin earlier?  Per him, it was a combination of travel / medical treatment restrictions getting put in place due to COVID lockdowns & there being a lack of consensus as to what the injury actually was.  

Considering how many medical offices shut down last March for everything but emergency procedures, that sounds plausible.  YMMV.

He also had an ankle injury that caused missed time & the herniated disk that killed his season.

So, yes, he was injured from day 1 onward.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I really do think this is where Jack ends up 

And Drury won’t play games in the search like we are. Adam’s had a head start and seemingly did nothing. You can’t wait too long because others need coaches too. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

And Drury won’t play games in the search like we are. Adam’s had a head start and seemingly did nothing. You can’t wait too long because others need coaches too. 

Many are still under contract and frankly we don't know what Adams has or has not done.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

If you have to hire Quinn to change Eichel's mind, trade him. He's not the team, but part of it. 

I’m not saying that why they should hire him, but if they though he was best for the team, might that influence Eichel.

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

I’m not saying that why they should hire him, but if they though he was best for the team, might that influence Eichel.

Why try to "influence Eichel"? Enough pampering, if you don't want to bleed blue and gold go lament that you didn't get to be a Bruin somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don't think Drury would deal with the Sabres.

He just fired a guy I heard he helped recruit.  He won't let emotion make his decision.  He's never been about emotion.  Just work.

6 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I don't think Drury would deal with the Sabres.

Doesn't make sense. If you think you are good at your job, and he hates the Sabres, he should deal exclusively with the Sabres whenever possible 

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

He just fired a guy I heard he helped recruit.  He won't let emotion make his decision.  He's never been about emotion.  Just work.

I don't think he'll want to make a deal that could potentially help both clubs, he'll want to win and the Sabres need to win the Eichel deal. 

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Doesn't make sense. If you think you are good at your job, and he hates the Sabres, he should deal exclusively with the Sabres whenever possible 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm sure he would, but it would be a huge deal he'd be staking everything on so I'm not sure he's in the kind of position where he'd take the risk. Unless of course he felt he fleeced us. 

Right. And who wants that? Adams better not. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If you have to hire Quinn to change Eichel's mind, trade him. He's not the team, but part of it. 

Was going to say the same thing.  I’m sick of thinking Buffalo needs to pander to individual players.  Do what’s best for the team!

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't. Their list of can't touch is basically everyone who should be a center piece

Just to note.  We have no idea what their list of untouchables is.  It doesn’t matter what Rangers fans on the internet think.  They just fired their top two hockey guys, and the loose cannon owner seems to want to accelerate their rebuild.  Its all up in the air with them.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Right. And who wants that? Adams better not. 

Maybe Adams' boss has had enough of Jack? We don't know, but maybe they feel they have a way to move this thing forward (dead last now so only one direction......) and they can later point to Jack as the goat? 

In any event, the talk from Adams about a team first attitude is the right way to go, and any step backwards into a team for this star or that star would be a bad idea. 

• Like (+1) 1