Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GASabresIUFAN

GM Kevyn Adams - More Moves Coming Soon?

Recommended Posts

Can someone send out a search party for our new GM.  Apparently only other teams can improve themselves for next season during the playoffs

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can someone send out a search party for our new GM.  Apparently only other teams can improve themselves for next season during the playoffs

There have only been 2 trades. I wouldn't have traded that for Kapanen. 

Allen I wonder if we were in on but the price was to high or we want someone better. 

Other than that what is he supposed to have done? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can someone send out a search party for our new GM.  Apparently only other teams can improve themselves for next season during the playoffs

Why prematurely make deals when trade options are limited compared to when the playoffs are concluded and when there will be more options? Just because Buffalo hasn't made any deals right now doesn't mean that our GM isn't communicating with teams out of the playoffs and even with teams in the playoffs to work on proposed deals. I would rather have a full menu of options than a partial menu of options. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM Sheevyn: Execute Order... What number are we on?
Senator Amigula: Did you axe the JBot Academy?
GM Sheevyn: Yes.
Senator Amigula: Sign Brett Murray and hire an AHL coach?
GM Sheevyn: Done and done.
Senator Amigula: Four.
GM Sheevyn: Very good! Execute Order... Four!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah… Right now early September… I am not the least bit nervous concerned or worried what Adams is or isn’t doing in regards to the roster that won’t start training camp for a few months. once the Stanley Cup gets awarded… I think a lot more things will open up as far as opportunities. Then I hope of course that he takes advantage of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, inkman said:

Holy ***** this year sucks balls

I can’t tell if that’s meant to be a bad thing or a good thing. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are hard to please.

I, for one, think the signing of Brett Murray signals a major change in the direction of this franchise.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Some people are hard to please.

I, for one, think the signing of Brett Murray signals a major change in the direction of this franchise.

It does.  We're not even going through the pretense of giving half a crap any more.

18 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

All will be forgiven if he swings a deal for Domi

john candy no GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember starting a thread.  

That said, do something, anything, just to let us know you are still breathing Mr. Adams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't remember starting a thread.  

That said, do something, anything, just to let us know you are still breathing Mr. Adams.

 

There was an article in the Athletic a few days ago that quoted sources high up in sabres organization that goaltending was not a priority this offseason.  2C was the priority.  I hope Adams is not relying on some quack to fix Hutton's "vision" problems.  Hutton sucks but they are stuck paying him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't remember starting a thread.  

That said, do something, anything, just to let us know you are still breathing Mr. Adams.

 

I split out your post from a closed topic.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yeah… Right now early September… I am not the least bit nervous concerned or worried what Adams is or isn’t doing in regards to the roster that won’t start training camp for a few months. once the Stanley Cup gets awarded… I think a lot more things will open up as far as opportunities. Then I hope of course that he takes advantage of that.

If I'm a new GM I'm doing everything I can to make a deal that management wants, and will gain some respect around the league.  Doesn't have to be a lopsided deal, just big. Or at least a deal moving a player the previous administration couldn't pull off.  And I want to do it ASAP so it gives me something substantive to discuss with other GMs so I can develop some sort of rapport in an time when face-to-face contact is limited.  

That said, I don't want him to pull the trigger on a deal to just make a deal or else he loses credibility.  He's had more than enough time to observe the league and FO and develop a strategy for this organization.  All we can hope for at this point is that he isn't sitting on his hands hoping someone is going to help him out and he's out there making it happen.  But if I'm Kvn Dms I'm working to my own internal clock and it's getting close to crunch time...

Just now, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

But if I'm Kvn Dms I'm working to my own internal clock and it's getting close to crunch time...

And until he starts taking vowels seriously he gets none in his name...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I was really hoping that rumored move would've happened by now, especially since the odds favor it being with a team that's eliminated.

Even some smaller moves would help to show us if Adams will bring us to contention, or continue the Botterill submarine-ing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, freester said:

There was an article in the Athletic a few days ago that quoted sources high up in sabres organization that goaltending was not a priority this offseason.  2C was the priority.  I hope Adams is not relying on some quack to fix Hutton's "vision" problems.  Hutton sucks but they are stuck paying him.

if goaltending is not a top priority then I don't know what to think....well i do but it's frustrating

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nucci said:

if goaltending is not a top priority then I don't know what to think....well i do but it's frustrating

What's also worrisome is that Corey Pronman is not that high on UPL as a goaltending prospect as others are.  Some people on the board have coronated him the next Hasek.  UPL has proven nothing in the AHL.  Lets hope he dominates in Rochester this year and there is reason for optimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, freester said:

What's also worrisome is that Corey Pronman is not that high on UPL as a goaltending prospect as others are.  Some people on the board have coronated him the next Hasek.  UPL has proven nothing in the AHL.  Lets hope he dominates in Rochester this year and there is reason for optimism.

That one fan that I’ve seen anywhere has called him “the next Hasek“.

could you provide any quotes from any posters here or other forums that say anything about him being “the next Hasek”

Me personally I still view him as a developing goalie prospect. And 9 times out of 10, good goalie prospects take several years before they develop enough to make the NHL for me… UPL is developing fine and right where I expected him to be at this stage of his development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't remember starting a thread.  

 

This is known as alcoholism.  Welcome to the club. 

31 minutes ago, freester said:

What's also worrisome is that Corey Pronman is not that high on UPL as a goaltending prospect as others are.  Some people on the board have coronated him the next Hasek.  UPL has proven nothing in the AHL.  Lets hope he dominates in Rochester this year and there is reason for optimism.

Guessing you don't visit Amerks threads?  We've been highly critical of him since his call up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is known as alcoholism.  Welcome to the club. 

Guessing you don't visit Amerks threads?  We've been highly critical of him since his call up. 

My point is if we don't address goaltending whereby we acquire a legitimate #1 goalie and Ullmark is the backup, than we are sure to be back in the lottery again.  Hutton does not belong in the NHL.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SDS said:

I split out your post from a closed topic.

Then the thread does belong to you.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't [seem to] remember [ever] starting a thread. 

Very interesting....     We'd better read some responses. The Sabrespacer posters will soon be back... and in greater numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...