GDT 2/29/20 Buffalo at Arizona or Phoenix or whatever they're called this year, 8pm, WGR, MSG.

Eleven

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Jason botteril should be fired. They need a president of hockey. Burn the front office to the ground. 

The best center we have had since Pat Lafontaine and they are pretty much forcing his hand to get out of dodge because it's life sucking for anyone who is truly competitive to be in this atmosphere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Me too...but they are, in the 21st century so far, the most inept and poorly run organization in all of pro sports.  They are the outlier and poster boy of what a losing culture is.

Agreed.  I'm starting not to believe the saying that "a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually."  We've had blind GMs, and they can't find a nut in a peanut factory.

• Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Probably pick a new one. I live in Vegas and moved away from Buffalo back in 89. I Still like the Sabres but this organization has to be one of the worst run franchises. When Vegas got a team didn’t really know what to think but if you lived here and seen what this team did for this city and how this city embraced this team you would be giving up your former team. You don’t even know how many people I play hockey with that we’re fans of other teams but are now hard-core Knights fans. Team practices are open to the public and they draw about 200-350 daily. This team is made up of players that have strong character, hard working and are out in public often. T Mobile arena has an unbelievable energy every game. It’s really amazing to see how much hockey has taken off in Vegas. Now we have our minor league team moving here and they have already over 7,000 season seat deposits since they started taking them 3 weeks ago.i feel bad for Buffalo fans because they deserve so much more.

This was how the Sabres were in the first decade.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

This was how the Sabres were in the first decade.

The 70's had electrifying teams.  The 80's had some hard working teams that just could not win in the playoffs.  The 90's were the best.  Several contenders on hard work alone.  We had 2 really good years in the 2000's before management disastrous decisions have taken us to an abyss we never really recovered from and there is no end.

• Like (+1) 4

When we play a physical game, it's entertaining and we're competitive.  Unfortunately, playing a physical game is playing out of character for us.  I want players that play physically because it is in their character.  Is that too much to ask JBOT????

• Like (+1) 2

I was half paying attention while on a blind date at a bar. They were up 2-0 and I told her to just wait, they’ll lose. She told me that I should be more optimistic; I told her that I’m just realistic. 

We look up, and it’s 3-2. We watch how they’re playing for a few minutes, and I tell her that they’re not coming back. Then it’s 4-2. 

It hurts to love a team so much for so long, and have to watch this disaster that hasn’t really stopped since 2006. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I was half paying attention while on a blind date at a bar. They were up 2-0 and I told her to just wait, they’ll lose. She told me that I should be more optimistic; I told her that I’m just realistic. 

We look up, and it’s 3-2. We watch how they’re playing for a few minutes, and I tell her that they’re not coming back. Then it’s 4-2. 

It hurts to love a team so much for so long, and have to watch this disaster that hasn’t really stopped since 2006. 

R2 Amerk, you know better than to trust a strange computer take the Sabres game on a blind date.

18 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Actually, the Sabres are a good lead in for your date.  You can say, "Boy, the Sabres really blow.  Speaking of blowing.........."

I recorded this one, just finished watching, and God are we awful! 

We aren't fast, aren't physical, we have no IQ and lack any ability to set up offensive plays. In the D zone, we are constantly leaving guys wide open in the front. The forwards can't play team D at all. I don't think it matters who the goalie is at this point because any would get burned. 

2 shots on goal through 17 minutes in the 3rd....wtf is That!

Botteril has failed to put an NHL quality team together and I'm not sure if the players are so bad or if the scheme/system is so bad or both. 

There is never a Sabre in the slot, I mean, come the F on. That's pee wee Sh*t

I'm so done, over this sad sack of a team

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jason botteril should be fired. They need a president of hockey. Burn the front office to the ground. 

I'm leaning that way too. For a cap team to be leaning heavily on Jonas Johansson to backstop them in a critical game.... that alone is fireable offense.   

• Like (+1) 1

They looked extremely tired after the last two games where they had hop, but no luck. They had luck today though, but their poor play still blew it. 

Y’all aiming for the top, but our assistant coaches need major turnover. We still have Steve Smith from Housley and that’s a problem. Our special teams suck hard. Get us a special teams coach. 

Jack is obviously too hurt to play right now. He’s playing like total ass out there. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I'm leaning that way too. For a cap team to be leaning heavily on Jonas Johansson to backstop them in a critical game.... that alone is fireable offense.   

Everyone wants him gone it seems but me, I want some consistency that is longer than 2.5 years.   I can give him one more summer to get things going.

Only thing I can say is you bring in Hammond for these kind of situations , but he probably isn't doing well in rochester either so you go for the goalie that has been with the team longer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

Kim Pegula?

She does run the Sabres, right?

Uh, no. She picked out the bedspread on the cot in the crash room down by the video offices. She went with Glade Potpourri for the office bathrooms instead of Rain Forest Mist. Stuff like that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.