Jump to content

Trade: Wayne Simmonds to Sabres for a Conditional 2021 5th


Recommended Posts

I actually like the message this is sending to the team. Regardless of how bad they’ve been at times they’re not far from the playoffs. 
 

Botterill wants to change the culture and this is the kind of move that says we should be competitive and the organization believes in what they’re building.  That’s how I see this move. Make the playoffs and your smart for believing in your team. Selling when your this close sends a message that they’re trying to reverse. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He had like an 8 team no trade list too, didn't he? Makes sense that we're not on it if it's close to home. I see that Grier is their assistant coach too, he probably put in a good word. 

BuT pLAyeRs DoNt wAnT tO COmE tO BufFaLo

Blah Blah Blah Shut Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is hilarious.  Botterill is buying a rental at the deadline?  

Is he trying to sell some sort of fake playoff push to the fans, or what? 

Dude is seriously clueless at worst, and disingenuous at best.

What we give up here is meaningless and I have always liked Simmonds...but this will amount to a nothing sort of transaction.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

This is hilarious.  Botterill is buying a rental at the deadline?  

Is he trying to sell some sort of fake playoff push to the fans, or what? 

Dude is seriously clueless at worst, and disingenuous at best.

What we give up here is meaningless and I have always liked Simmonds...but this will amount to a nothing sort of transaction.

 

 

Botteril is consistent.  He continues to acquire overpaid 4th liners.  What were you expecting?

Edited by freester
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, freester said:

Botteril is consisent.  He continues to acquire overpaid 4th liners.  What were you expecting?

He's not done yet. Based on past deadlines we'll get to 3pm and 10-15 minutes later we'll get a report someone was traded for a 6th round pick and then we'll get a press conference from Botts saying it's hard to be a GM / he likes what Simmonds will bring to help the playoff push.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

 

WTF is Buffalo even trying to accomplish these days? Is there some mystery trophy only they compete for?

 Random post on hf that made me laugh 

It's true though. We've been trying to figure out all season what, exactly, Botterill wanted to see from this team this year. It's been really hard to tell what is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

He's not done yet. Based on past deadlines we'll get to 3pm and 10-15 minutes later we'll get a report someone was traded for a 6th round pick and then we'll get a press conference from Botts saying it's hard to be a GM / he likes what Simmonds will bring to help the playoff push.

I will bet you money that Botterill talks about Simmonds grit/toughness as a reason for the acquisition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

He's savvy vet and a well-regarded character guy. We should expect nothing less from him. A potential playoff run is better than playing out the string in Jersey.

I concur

2 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

 

A team in the bottom three, or a team six points out, close to home?  Why is this some big accomplishment. 

plus it's for only 6 weeks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...