Trade: Wayne Simmonds to Sabres for a Conditional 2021 5th

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

True fifth rounder and they keep 50% of his salary. Why not. At least it adds toughness and he still can score. Not big risk here.

Basically this guy is another Kyle Okposo that can hit...

He has 8 goals and 24 points in 61 games...kind of the same stat production per game Okposo has put up in 45 games...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We have 14 forwards on the roster now.  1 or 2 are going bye bye

Expecting Rodrigues out.

Maybe Sheary goes too.  Seems to be out of the doghouse lately, so wouldn't even put that at 50-50.

Can't see any other F's on the way out.  (Would be perfectly fine w/ Frolik going away, but don't expect it.)

If any other rostered guy goes, expecting it to be a D-man for a true 2nd liner; but really doubt that happens today.

Edited by Taro T

Here are the Sabres 5th rd picks since Gerbe in 2005

Biega 2006 - 221 nhl games (none with us).
Others - (2007-2019) Allard, Eidsness, Legace, Adams, Sutch, Lepkowski, Logan Nelson, Possler, Florentino, William, Stephens, Nyberg, Budik, Kukkonen, and Cederqvist.  NHL games - Zero.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Expecting Rodrigues out.

Maybe Sheary goes too.  Seems to be out of the doghouse lately, so wouldn't even put that at 50-50.

Can't see any other F's on the way out.  (Would be perfectly fine w/ Frolik going away, but don't expect it.)

If any other rostered guy goes, expecting it to be a D-man for a true 2nd liner; but really doubt that happens today.

I'm expecting Botterill to stand pat with the defense. I don't think anyone is heading out.

I hate this trade.  Yes, I know the cost is minimal, but as spoken, it's three years too late.  He's a terrible 5v5 player and honestly, we have two many wings dependent on strong center play that we don't ***** have.  I'm tired of Botterill and I hope he's fired on Tuesday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This will be marginally more entertaining than watching Frolik or Sheary play RW 

I agree and he has elements we are missing.

It's not too meaningful, but it makes us better down the stretch.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm expecting Botterill to stand pat with the defense. I don't think anyone is heading out.

Which is why the expectation is the 2nd line gets upgraded in the off-season.  But, if he were to surprise and make a big move, it would have to be a RHD getting traded.  None of the available F's brings back anything better than a Simmonds.  And nobody is trading for Hutton, Johansson, nor Hammond.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.