GDT Detroit at Buffalo 2/6/20 7pm NBCSN, WGR 550

Brawndo

I got home from business travel, al flights delayed but nevertheless made it and very happy to be home.  

The game is on NBCSN in my town.   Embarrassing that this is the game they cover and we look so damm horrible. 

First period was lousy - wasted a PP, got outplayed by the worst team in the league, gave up a goal with 0.2 seconds left.   I did not listen to the intermission, preferred to talk to my wife and eat dinner.  I’ll bet the national coverage was not kind to this beleaguered team.  

They are embarrassing. So many bad players in one place.   

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Latest word from Friedman is that Botterill doesn’t intent on doing much at the deadline. That they are planning on a deeper look “in the summer”. 

The cycle continues.. I wonder what this year’s “All those damn RFAs!1!!1!!” will be.

Not surprising for two reasons:

1. Nobody wants our pending FA trash

2. We have no forward depth so we would have to deplete Rochester, who in turn will have to rob from Cincinnati

Edited by Carmel Corn

1 minute ago, Indabuff said:

I wouldn't call it "following" at this point.  More like watching a nature show on Discovery where the lion pride is tracking an injured gazelle that's been separated from the herd.  You know the ***** is gonna hit the fan at any moment and can't look away.  More like rubbernecking an accident.

Do you think Rick Jeanneret would make a good nature show host... like Attenborough or Marty Stouffer?

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Not surprising for two reasons:

1. Nobody wants our pending FA trash

2. Even if we had a fire sale, we have no forward depth so we would have to deplete Rochester, who in turn will have to rob from Cincinnati

2. is a falsehood. we'd get players back or we could sign a Pommer's, Vanek who are sitting on the sideline right now. That is not one of the reasons were not having a fire sale. 1. is valid, to a point, and I suspect additionally it's Botterill who is truly holding it up as he appears to like these guys.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So, so tired of watching Jimmy be the one receiving and failing to do anything with Jack’s passes. OMG

Apparently could have had Ehlers in the summer, too, the latest says. But no, WE LIKE OUR FORWARD GROUP. 

The amount of Grade A chances that we've squandered tonight...

It's like what's the point?

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Sticks made in China....no wonder they break so much!  How about make them play with a good ol' Victoriaville, Koho or Sherwood.

My first stick was a CCM.  I got it in the old Aud, on Stick Night of a Bisons game - must have been 1966 or 67.  

It was a real hockey stick, not a toy.  

I would much rather watch the late 60’s Bisons in the original Aud than today’s Sabres in the dumpy morgue.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Do you think Rick Jeanneret would make a good nature show host... like Attenborough or Marty Stouffer?

Dude, RJ doing a nature show would be awesome.  I'd like to come up with some hypothetical quote he might have in the show but my thoughts are being drowned out by the chorus of boos on TV.

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Come on Risto, just drop'em and start throwing. Show them they can't stand in or around the crease and back it up with some ASS buddy.

He won't.  That's the type of "grit" fans are clamoring for.  Fake ass, ***** laden grit.  He can just leave anytime now.  I want my lasting image of him crosschecking everyone in sight whilst the puck is flying into the net behind him.  I actually think Risto was mostly responsible for that goal.  He had everyone in such a tizzy over his crosscheckathon, that everyone thought whoever he was tackling had to have the puck.  Whoooooops!!

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.