GDT Detroit at Buffalo 2/6/20 7pm NBCSN, WGR 550

Brawndo

37 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Is this the moment where Johannson takes over the crease and builds a ***** wall and allows us to rail off a 18 game winning streak, making the playoffs and advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals? 

My gut says maybe.

This thought is very unrealistic IMO.

A 17 game winning streak, now that I can see ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I get to watch a game.. so I am excited.  (you can snark respond to this, it's okay.  If I were watching the Avs game I would have found something else to do after the first two goals were scored).  It's how I roll....

Go Sabres!

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

FTR this isn't snark - Any time your team does something new like this, especially in goal, you have a nonzero chance of striking gold. It's far more exciting than status quo

It's just nice to see goalies coming up through the farm. It's the lifeblood of any good hockey team if you can develop these guys.

• Like (+1) 2

My prediction. The Sabres come out with their hair on fire and get up early. Detroit has a small pushback in the 2nd but Buffalo evens out the period. Buffalo rallies in the 3rd to be pretty good and get a couple more goals to win the game 4-2. Everyone thinks this changes everything and we are back in it even though we just beat arguably the worst team in the league. 

I think starting JJ in net is the right move, and I will root for him personally.

But I think I'm to the point where I am rooting against the team.

More good can come from bad play at this point.

I want to see the wheels come off and Botterill to either be fired in-season or at its conclusion.

Nothing is going to change with this team until Botterill is gone and replaced with someone much better.

Remember that!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.