GDT Detroit at Buffalo 2/6/20 7pm NBCSN, WGR 550

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

My prediction. The Sabres come out with their hair on fire and get up early. Detroit has a small pushback in the 2nd but Buffalo evens out the period. Buffalo rallies in the 3rd to be pretty good and get a couple more goals to win the game 4-2. Everyone thinks this changes everything and we are back in it even though we just beat arguably the worst team in the league. 

ummmmm......not really

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

My prediction. The Sabres come out with their hair on fire and get up early. Detroit has a small pushback in the 2nd but Buffalo evens out the period. Buffalo rallies in the 3rd to be pretty good and get a couple more goals to win the game 4-2. Everyone thinks this changes everything and we are back in it even though we just beat arguably the worst team in the league. 

I'm trying to remember the last time a Sabres team started a game in a manner that could be described that way. It feels like they've been the worst team in the league at getting their feet moving for about a decade now.

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Is this the moment where Johannson takes over the crease and builds a ***** wall and allows us to rail off a 18 game winning streak, making the playoffs and advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals? 

My gut says maybe.

Warning: the Surgeon General has deemed thoughts such as these to be detrimental to your well being and can have long lasting side effects like severe depression, episodes of rage, nightmares, and high blood pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

Without Hutton in net, the Sabres have generally beaten the teams they should beat this year.

I'd like to see evidence that the players have not given up like the fans have. Ralph has ignited Jack, sparked Sam and reclaimed Risto. Without those guys continuing to buy in, a rebuild gets that much harder, whether we keep them or trade them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Without Hutton in net, the Sabres have generally beaten the teams they should beat this year.

I'd like to see evidence that the players have not given up like the fans have. Ralph has ignited Jack, sparked Sam and reclaimed Risto. Without those guys continuing to buy in, a rebuild gets that much harder, whether we keep them or trade them.

Risto was having the best season of his career, but I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't see the same January collapse that always claims him, over the last few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Risto was having the best season of his career, but I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't see the same January collapse that always claims him, over the last few weeks.

I feel like it's less about Risto and more about the rest of the team though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

A win means absolutely nothing but a bad loss to the worst team in the league, at home, MAY just be the final straw the blows this whole thing wide open. I am for sure hoping for a curb stomping just in case that is a possibility....

Same here.  Detroit has lost 9 in a row or something like this?

Maybe they'll be inspired.  We are also starting a rookie goalie who really has no business playing in the NHL.

That should help.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I'm trying to remember the last time a Sabres team started a game in a manner that could be described that way. It feels like they've been the worst team in the league at getting their feet moving for about a decade now.

Didn't they crush Tampa Bay in the first period in all respects but only had a 1-0 after the first, before mailing in the rest of the game?

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't think there's any way the Sabres lose this game.

That's what we said about Ottawa.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Didn't they crush Tampa Bay in the first period in all respects but only had a 1-0 after the first, before mailing in the rest of the game?

That's what we said about Ottawa.

True, but we are 3-5 against Ottawa in our last 8 games, stylistically they seem to have figured out that if you badger Jack and shut down his line, we have nothing. And their team speed opens us up.

Detroit is twenty points worse than Ottawa, who is 28th in the NHL. 25 points worse than us, only 53 games into the season. Meanwhile, we are 10-2-1 against Detroit in the last 13, getting 11 of our last 12 possible points against them

We're cruisin tonight

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

sorry specifically meant within the organization, not fans. 

gotcha - though I certainly hope not

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

True, but we are 3-5 against Ottawa in our last 8 games, stylistically they seem to have figured out that if you badger Jack and shut down his line, we have nothing. And their team speed opens us up.

Detroit is twenty points worse than Ottawa, who is 28th in the NHL. 25 points worse than us, only 53 games into the season. Meanwhile, we are 10-2-1 against Detroit in the last 13, getting 11 of our last 12 possible points against them

We're cruisin tonight

as if this is a badge of honor ??

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.