Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I played around with ESPN's playoff machine. Here is an extremely, extremely unlikely scenario where Buffalo takes the top seed:

Playoff Machine

Yup. And Roberts also doesn't have one, though I think he only has 2 catches all year.

Take it for whatever it's worth.  Before the Stillers lost the "easy" win to go 2-1 over their final 3, ESPN had the Bills chances of the #1  seed at 0.1%.  It has to be even less likely now that those guys have to win their last 2 to give the Bills any hope of vaulting past KC.

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Take it for whatever it's worth.  Before the Stillers lost the "easy" win to go 2-1 over their final 3, ESPN had the Bills chances of the #1  seed at 0.1%.  It has to be even less likely now that those guys have to win their last 2 to give the Bills any hope of vaulting past KC.

The only way we finish as the #1 seed is a 3-way tie with the Steelers and Chiefs and winning the strength of victory tiebreaker.  Week 15 hurt us hard there, because (1) the Chiefs didn't lose, (2) the Chiefs really strengthened their SoV by beating the Saints, and (3) the Steelers didn't tank their SoV by beating a 2-win Bengals team.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Bill Fitchner is on WGR now.  Didn’t realize what a Buffalo treasure he is.  Always representing. Such a fan.  Awesome dude.  

I’ll add the link once they put it in the site.  

Most famous SUNY Brockport alumni we have. Very cool.

Been reading some of the NFL power rankings at various sites and the Bills are now 2nd on many of them.  After watching Buffalo vs Denver and the KC vs Saints, I think the rankings are probably correct, but the difference between the teams is shrinking especially with KC’s injuries on the O Line.  Buffalo dominated the Broncos in a way I haven’t seen since the Super Bowl years.  

With the defense now healthy (assuming White is OK), does any team want to face this Bills squad?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, #freejame said:

The first one was better. It’s disappointing they just swapped players and remade the same five year old video. 

Beane was funny, but couldn’t watch the rest. Hands down the worst Christmas song. It’s not close.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/23/2020 at 2:46 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Buffalo dominated the Broncos in a way I haven’t seen since the Super Bowl years.

To be honest, I didn't think the Bills were killing it in that game, but then the final score said otherwise.  They played well but looking at one play after the other it didn't "look" like domination to me.  More of our plays worked than theirs.  The Bills were the better team for sure, but it didn't feel as dominant to me as it apparently was.

Maybe I'm just not used to having a strong team.  We'll see how they do down the stretch and in the playoffs.  They could (I guess conceivably) earn the #1 seed and I still wouldn't be that confident until they start winning playoff games.  This drought has been hell on me I guess.

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

To be honest, I didn't think the Bills were killing it in that game, but then the final score said otherwise.  They played well but looking at one play after the other it didn't "look" like domination to me.  More of our plays worked than theirs.  The Bills were the better team for sure, but it didn't feel as dominant to me as it apparently was.

Maybe I'm just not used to having a strong team.  We'll see how they do down the stretch and in the playoffs.  They could (I guess conceivably) earn the #1 seed and I still wouldn't be that confident until they start winning playoff games.  This drought has been hell on me I guess.

One of the problems with the defence mechanisms these teams have built in us.

Ignore it man. Embrace each win as it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Logically I think this team WILL win the Super Bowl this year.  Emotionally my heart won't believe it until it happens.

I love the thought, but we have a very tough road.  Tenn and their running game is a lousy matchup for us in the playoffs and KC is tough on anyone.  If we can get to the big game, we 'll have a real chance.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.