Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

54 minutes ago, inkman said:

I thought most of the penalties were deserved as opposed to the Steelers SB where there were about 10 mysterious holding calls keeping the Seahawks at bay. 

Most of those defensive holding calls were the exact same things they were doing against the Bills.  Didn't believe the plays were illegal against the Bills & still don't believe they should've been flaggable in this game either.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I watched... 5 minutes of game play? I've seen Tom Brady in the superbowl, and it is boring. Koodos to him for winning it again but I honestly don't care. 

About the same.  Saw a questionable call go Brady's way and just shut it down.

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Bills had the same gameplan, just without the same talent

Buffalo doesn't have the pass rush or linebackers to make that scheme work. Edmonds routinely looked lost in coverage in that game as passes were floated over him, around him, or in front of him. 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The question is how to the Bills react to theTB’s win?  Apparently D still wins championships.

Do they focus on D in the draft.  We certainly a pass rusher and a LB who can cover TEs.  We also need personnel who can man up on defense.  I hate the zone.

Or do they focus first on replacing O Line or upgrading RB and TE.  

Will there be any money in Free Agency to accomplish any of the above.

We can’t do this in one offseason.  Especially this year.   I think we are a couple years out at least. 

23 hours ago, Taro T said:

Most of those defensive holding calls were the exact same things they were doing against the Bills.  Didn't believe the plays were illegal against the Bills & still don't believe they should've been flaggable in this game either.

I was sort of in between on them.  The Chiefs' defensive backs get away with a lot of clutching and grabbing, more of which should have been called in the Bills game.  I was glad to see some of them get called in the SB.  However, some were questionable. 

The one in the video, though, from where the back judge was, absolutely would have looked like Mathieu grabbed onto Evens.  Someone from another angle might have disagreed.

13 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I was sort of in between on them.  The Chiefs' defensive backs get away with a lot of clutching and grabbing, more of which should have been called in the Bills game.  I was glad to see some of them get called in the SB.  However, some were questionable. 

The one in the video, though, from where the back judge was, absolutely would have looked like Mathieu grabbed onto Evens.  Someone from another angle might have disagreed.

The point of that clip was the ball was uncatchable, not that Mathieus held him. The call was PI from what I remember

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The point of that clip was the ball was uncatchable, not that Mathieus held him. The call was PI from what I remember

Catchable is a judgement call.  It was a little high, but Evens is tall and can jump.  Either way, it looked like contact was initiated before the ball came out and was more than 5-yards downfield, so it could have at least been defensive holding.  That still would have given them first-and-goal (albeit at about the 7-yard-line, not the 1-yard-line.)

8 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Catchable is a judgement call.  It was a little high, but Evens is tall and can jump.  Either way, it looked like contact was initiated before the ball came out and was more than 5-yards downfield, so it could have at least been defensive holding.  That still would have given them first-and-goal (albeit at about the 7-yard-line, not the 1-yard-line.)

That thing is like 15ft in the air lol there is no way Evans can catch that

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.