Jump to content

Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021


Recommended Posts

I watched... 5 minutes of game play? I've seen Tom Brady in the superbowl, and it is boring. Koodos to him for winning it again but I honestly don't care. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

KC is a Ferrari at a smash up derby.  That’s what this game was.  The Bills need to get way nastier on D and have to run the ball much more.  

The question is how to the Bills react to theTB’s win?  Apparently D still wins championships.

Do they focus on D in the draft.  We certainly need a pass rusher and a LB who can cover TEs.  We also need personnel who can man up on defense.  I hate the zone.

Or do they focus first on replacing O Line or upgrading RB and TE.  

Will there be any money in Free Agency to accomplish any of the above.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 3 times in SB history has a team not scored a TD, out of 110 possible teams. Brady has faced (and beaten) two of them; 2018 Rams, 2020 Chiefs.

Brady got every single call you could possibly hope for; the Chiefs 8 penalties for 95 yards in penalties is the most in penalties and yards in a half in SB history.

Mahomes hasn't lost like that since 2016 when he was in college

And we saw once again that a dominate defense will beat a dominate offense in the SB

 

The Bills would have gotten absolutely destroyed against the Bucs. 

 

Also Brady hasn't won or lost a SB by more than a TD in his 9 previous trips, this would be his first.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The question is how to the Bills react to theTB’s win?  Apparently D still wins championships.

Do they focus on D in the draft.  We certainly a pass rusher and a LB who can cover TEs.  We also need personnel who can man up on defense.  I hate the zone.

Or do they focus first on replacing O Line or upgrading RB and TE.  

Will there be any money in Free Agency to accomplish any of the above.

We need D line it's not a debate IMO. We need a line to stop the run and get there with 4. TB won because of the trenches

 

Edited by WildCard
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminded me of that Seattle - Pittsburgh Superbowl, where the Seahawks got hosed by big phantom calls all game.  That 2nd quarter last night was tough to watch, penalty-wise, and I had no rooting interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Reminded me of that Seattle - Pittsburgh Superbowl, where the Seahawks got hosed by big phantom calls all game.  That 2nd quarter last night was tough to watch, penalty-wise, and I had no rooting interest.

I thought most of the penalties were deserved as opposed to the Steelers SB where there were about 10 mysterious holding calls keeping the Seahawks at bay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, inkman said:

I thought most of the penalties were deserved as opposed to the Steelers SB where there were about 10 mysterious holding calls keeping the Seahawks at bay. 

Most of those defensive holding calls were the exact same things they were doing against the Bills.  Didn't believe the plays were illegal against the Bills & still don't believe they should've been flaggable in this game either.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I watched... 5 minutes of game play? I've seen Tom Brady in the superbowl, and it is boring. Koodos to him for winning it again but I honestly don't care. 

About the same.  Saw a questionable call go Brady's way and just shut it down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Bills had the same gameplan, just without the same talent

 

Buffalo doesn't have the pass rush or linebackers to make that scheme work. Edmonds routinely looked lost in coverage in that game as passes were floated over him, around him, or in front of him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The question is how to the Bills react to theTB’s win?  Apparently D still wins championships.

Do they focus on D in the draft.  We certainly a pass rusher and a LB who can cover TEs.  We also need personnel who can man up on defense.  I hate the zone.

Or do they focus first on replacing O Line or upgrading RB and TE.  

Will there be any money in Free Agency to accomplish any of the above.

We can’t do this in one offseason.  Especially this year.   I think we are a couple years out at least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Taro T said:

Most of those defensive holding calls were the exact same things they were doing against the Bills.  Didn't believe the plays were illegal against the Bills & still don't believe they should've been flaggable in this game either.

I was sort of in between on them.  The Chiefs' defensive backs get away with a lot of clutching and grabbing, more of which should have been called in the Bills game.  I was glad to see some of them get called in the SB.  However, some were questionable. 

The one in the video, though, from where the back judge was, absolutely would have looked like Mathieu grabbed onto Evens.  Someone from another angle might have disagreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I was sort of in between on them.  The Chiefs' defensive backs get away with a lot of clutching and grabbing, more of which should have been called in the Bills game.  I was glad to see some of them get called in the SB.  However, some were questionable. 

The one in the video, though, from where the back judge was, absolutely would have looked like Mathieu grabbed onto Evens.  Someone from another angle might have disagreed.

The point of that clip was the ball was uncatchable, not that Mathieus held him. The call was PI from what I remember

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The point of that clip was the ball was uncatchable, not that Mathieus held him. The call was PI from what I remember

Catchable is a judgement call.  It was a little high, but Evens is tall and can jump.  Either way, it looked like contact was initiated before the ball came out and was more than 5-yards downfield, so it could have at least been defensive holding.  That still would have given them first-and-goal (albeit at about the 7-yard-line, not the 1-yard-line.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Catchable is a judgement call.  It was a little high, but Evens is tall and can jump.  Either way, it looked like contact was initiated before the ball came out and was more than 5-yards downfield, so it could have at least been defensive holding.  That still would have given them first-and-goal (albeit at about the 7-yard-line, not the 1-yard-line.)

That thing is like 15ft in the air lol there is no way Evans can catch that

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WildCard said:

That thing is like 15ft in the air lol there is no way Evans can catch that

At its peak, yes.  Back of the end zone?  Still probably out of reach, but not 15' up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...