Jump to content

GDT Lightning at Sabres 12/31/19 7pm


Recommended Posts

To think, the current decade started with a win at home on New Year's Day 2010 against Atlanta, the fourth game in an 11-game point streak on the way to 100 points and a division title — and a first round loss to Boston that had everyone or almost everyone bemoaning "the core."

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

To think, the current decade started with a win at home on New Year's Day 2010 against Atlanta, the fourth game in an 11-game point streak on the way to 100 points and a division title — and a first round loss to Boston that had everyone or almost everyone bemoaning "the core."

Yowza. How's that for perspective?

Where have you gone, Derek Roy? Sabres nation turns its lonely eyes to your sausage.

Also: Let's go, Buffalo. Because, what else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

 

Where have you gone, Derek Roy? Sabres nation turns its lonely eyes to your sausage.

Definitely speaking for yourself there.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We're gonna die lol

Thanks. Now I have that Tik Tok meme/song stuck in my head.

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

Definitely speaking for yourself there.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

C'mon. These are somehow now halcyon days.

Image result for derek roy drunk

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That is not Drew Stafford on the left or Jason Pominville on the right. It is, however, Derek's sausage.

I never fail to forget those facts. I'll post that photo again in 2 years and, by then, will have forgotten that it's not Stafford and Pominville holding Roy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That Aud Smell said:

I never fail to forget those facts. I'll post that photo again in 2 years and, by then, will have forgotten that it's not Stafford and Pominville holding Roy.

Because we want it to be them? That's quite a line. That said, I'm not sure how we figured out it wasn't those guys. I recall an investigation — I seem to remember other pics in the sequence clearly showing it was other broskis.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ending the year by finding something else to do other than watching this sad team get abused by Tampa tonight. 

Signing Dalton Smith and dressing him tonight makes me think Botterill is studying Slapshot for personnel moves. If I'm correct we'll see a French speaking goalie brought in and Sam Reinhart doing a strip-tease on ice soon. 

Happy New Year!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

RK is playing Ullmark too much. I know some people don’t like it, but Hutton needs to rotate in there every once in a while. A little more than he has been. Even if Hutton has been subpar/terrible or whatever satisfying adjective one likes to use.

Just not tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

RK is playing Ullmark too much. I know some people don’t like it, but Hutton needs to rotate in there every once in a while. A little more than he has been. Even if Hutton has been subpar/terrible or whatever satisfying adjective one likes to use.

I think the break for christmas was enough of a rest for Ullmark. But he's playing him so much out of necessity at this point. That said, Hutton will probably get the nod in Edmonton with Ullmark starting again in Florida before a 4 day break into St Louis.

Ullmark is young, im not too worried about his usage so far. I'm more worried about Hutton's play to date & everyone else tbh.

Edited by MillerVaive
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Getting ready to fight Dalton Smith tonight?

 

I have no problem with the Sabres (Dalton Smith) going after Cernak or any other Lightning player for that matter (Kucherov deserves a beating too but he won't get it).

I hope Dalton goes for it, I really do. Sending a message has been long overdue! It should have been done right away but that is the bugaboo that has followed this team for a long time. 

However,

If they are going to do it, they had better be ready for retaliation and if they don't have the stomach for that, don't do it.

 

 

 

 

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

I have no problem with the Sabres (Dalton Smith) going after Cernak or any other Lightning player for that matter (Kucherov deserves a beating too but he won't get it).I hope he does, I really do. Sending a message has been long overdue! It should have been done right away but that is the bugaboo that has followed this team for long time. However,If they are going to do it, they has better be ready for retaliation and if they don't have the stomach for that, don't do it.

I don't think we're gonna do anything dirty per se. Thats not what RK wants us to be. But i think its a good thing that we'll have someone who is not only not afraid to get in someones face, but someone who is capable of smashing one should a need for that come up. But with the media attention towards Cernak & Smith, i think its inevitable that something happens between those 2.

I'd rather we'd be talking about a new 20-30 goal scorer being added to the team, but if Dalton Smith makes us a tougher team to play against, I'm all for it. Gretzky had a protector on the ice, Lemieux, Ovechkin. if we can find a guy who can help protect our young stars & not be a liability at the same time, i think that'll help our team for sure. It'll be interesting to see how he does.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...