Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Because large catchall topics are terrible.

This answer makes no sense. 

Just now, Doohickie said:

This answer makes no sense. 

Sure it does. When you depend on a single topic to discuss everything about a player - you are beholden to the tangents that occur. If you appropriately start a new topic when the occasion occurs, then the sidebars drift off to oblivion. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to point the figure squarely at you and the admins for that.  A little bit of redirection goes a long way.  If, as soon as a tangent was identified the posts were moved to the correct thread (or a new thread was spawned), then this "catchall" topic on Casey would actually be useful.

It obviously isn't that big of an issue with this board as anyone is free to start that new thread.

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm going to point the figure squarely at you and the admins for that.  A little bit of redirection goes a long way.  If, as soon as a tangent was identified the posts were moved to the correct thread (or a new thread was spawned), then this "catchall" topic on Casey would actually be useful.

Don't go there.

^

I love(d) Mike Myers in his heyday. I'm sometimes a little torn on whether and to what extent all of his content stands the test of time. Dr. Evil, for one. Is that whole shtick still funny? I think largely, yes -- but not entirely.

Edited by That Aud Smell

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

I love(d) Mike Myers in his heyday. I'm sometimes a little torn on whether and to what extent all of his content stands the test of time. Dr. Evil, for one. Is that whole shtick still funny? I think largely, yes -- but not entirely.

The Austin Powers movies definitely hold up, but like Ace Ventura, there are jokes that definitely don't work now and for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Don't go there.

Okay.  I said my piece, I'm done.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Don't go there.

16 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

LOL, no he wasn't.  He destroyed our farm system.  Made Roch into a joke and spent us into cap hell that Jbot is still digging out of.  TM is a Mike Milbury or Craig Button bad GM.  Jbot isn't even close to that bad.

No matter how many times you say this, it's still not true. Tim Murray is responsible for 20% of the team's cap usage. Sure, Bogosian and Okposo are bad cap usage, but Murray clearly isn't why we have no cap space when 80% of the cap are contracts signed by Botterill. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

No matter how many times you say this, it's still not true. Tim Murray is responsible for 20% of the team's cap usage. Sure, Bogosian and Okposo are bad cap usage, but Murray clearly isn't why we have no cap space when 80% of the cap are contracts signed by Botterill. 

Don't you understand? That's 11 million dollars that could be going to more Frolik, Vesey, Sheary, Berglund, Sobotka, Wilson, Griffith, Pouliot, Josefson, and Nolans! We'd be sitting pretty if not for GMTM

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Revising the thread title, as Brawndo did, to reflect a "trending" discussion, is a good solution. I suggested it a while back, but it didn't catch on. It takes discipline on the part of the OP. Of course the moderators could do it as well.

41 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Don't you understand? That's 11 million dollars that could be going to more Frolik, Vesey, Sheary, Berglund, Sobotka, Wilson, Griffith, Pouliot, Josefson, and Nolans! We'd be sitting pretty if not for GMTM

Um. Sir. How dare you forget Dalton Smith? 

OK -- Wawrow/PLF/GMTM conspiracy theory posts have been moved to the new PLF thread.

47 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

OK -- Wawrow/PLF/GMTM conspiracy theory posts have been moved to the new PLF thread.

oscars applause GIF