Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Yeah he was given 5 weeks back on November 17th and is still out? He's on 8 weeks at this point. Concussion?

Concussion?  He was upended and came down on his arm awkwardly.  I thought he hurt his shoulder.  I don’t think he hit his head at all.

Just now, Curt said:

Concussion?  He was upended and came down on his arm awkwardly.  I thought he hurt his shoulder.  I don’t think he hit his head at all.

I mean I have no idea what happened to him in the first place, was just wondering because usually the estimated timetable on injuries is pretty accurate unless it's concussions.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Please may the Sabres leave him in Rochester and not screw this up further... please. 

Said it elsewhere, but keep him there until the end of February and reevaluate then.  IF he's ready to go back up, bring him up.  It's not like the big team has an over abundance of offensive talent.  If he's not ready; reevaluate a week or 2 later.  Repeat as necessary until 1 or both teams are eliminated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Said it elsewhere, but keep him there until the end of February and reevaluate then.  IF he's ready to go back up, bring him up.  It's not like the big team has an over abundance of offensive talent.  If he's not ready; reevaluate a week or 2 later.  Repeat as necessary until 1 or both teams are eliminated.

If his issue really is motivation as @tom webster believes it is, then leave him there all year and into next winter to really send home that message. Let him see Cozens coming up ready to take his spot, let him see Botterill go and get another top 6 wing/C to take his spot

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If his issue really is motivation as @tom webster believes it is, then leave him there all year and into next winter to really send home that message. Let him see Cozens coming up ready to take his spot, let him see Botterill go and get another top 6 wing/C to take his spot

And if this team is hanging just outside a playoff spot when the calendar flips to March and Mittelstadt is tearing it up in the AHL are you ok with "really send(ing) home that message?"

Keep him there until the end of February and reevaluate the situation then.

Just now, Taro T said:

And if this team is hanging just outside a playoff spot when the calendar flips to March and Mittelstadt is tearing it up in the AHL are you ok with "really send(ing) home that message?"

Keep him there until the end of February and reevaluate the situation then.

Well I have little to no faith we'll be in that spot come March or that he'll be completely fixed by that point. If that were the case then yeah I'd reevaluate but given what he showed up here in a year and change I doubt 3 months in the AHL cures him

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Well I have little to no faith we'll be in that spot come March or that he'll be completely fixed by that point. If that were the case then yeah I'd reevaluate but given what he showed up here in a year and change I doubt 3 months in the AHL cures him

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So, what you're saying is yes reevaluate when we get there.  Prudent course of action.  ?

?

3 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I feel I tend to be on the overly-optimistic end of the spectrum for Sabres issues... but something gives me hesitation about Mitts. Not necessary that he'll eventually develop, but definitely about some accelerated time-frame.

Its his face.  His fat chubby cheek mug of a 14 year old.  We want our hockey players to look like Bogo or Dalton Smith.  Toothless, Scruffy bearded warriors.  Not the kid who serves Chalupas at Taco Bell.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Its his face.  His fat chubby cheek mug of a 14 year old.  We want our hockey players to look like Bogo or Dalton Smith.  Toothless, Scruffy bearded warriors.  Not the kid who serves Chalupas at Taco Bell.  

I was born with a hockey face minus the hockey talent.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 2017 draft looks abysmal after the top 5.  I'm still trying to figure out how it was determined Casey would be worth a 1st.  I know he was rated highly.  His High School stats, the only hockey he played with recorded data to that point, wasn't eye popping.  Did scouts go to his games and like the way he skated and moved the puck?  I'm sure there is an entire world in hockey land inkman is unaware of and those in the know get intel on these guys.  Just wondering what it was...

Never mind.  Google is my friend.  Man do they wax poetic on him.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/300831/casey-mittelstadt

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.