Casey Mittlestadt has been sent to Amerks

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Not speaking for Liger, but for me, yes.  I think the ROR trade is the only ”buying” trade that was a good idea.

Between the 2015 and 2016 drafts, Murray traded away two 1sts, three 2nds, and two 3rds.  In addition to Lemieux, Armia, Myers, Pysyk, and McNabb.

Getting in return mostly Kane, Bogo, Kulikov, Lehner, Gorges, Deslauriers, Fasching.

^Wow!!!

...  what incredibly bad GM work.  

2 hours ago, LTS said:

It's both.  The coach manages the game and puts players out there but he can only choose from what he has.  So he works with the GM to discuss what players could make a difference and which ones are not.  In this case, Mittlestadt was not doing anything and they finally sent him down.

You are giving me the text book example of how it works.   Which I fully understand.  

I contend that RK forced this move by not playing Mitts.  You could see at the start of the season were Mitts stood with RK.   Mitts started ok but faded and became a detriment.  Maybe RK pushed this issue harder than Housley ever did.  Mitts was not ready last season either   

i suspect RK drove this decision and I give JBot no credit for sending him to Rochester.  I can only question his roster building judgement.   I am watching Jbot with a skeptical eye.  

I really hope Terry finds an experienced hockey exec to put over JBot. Someone else needs to oversee the collection of talent.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Tanking only works if you have a top notch front office that can make the right decisions.  Pegula was brand new and had no clue.  He gave up on Darcy a little too quickly and then handed the reigns over to a GM that had absolutely no clue what the hell he was doing. Now we’re back to what Darcy wanted to do, build through the draft.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Tanking only works if you have a top notch front office that can make the right decisions.  Pegula was brand new and had no clue.  He gave up on Darcy a little too quickly and then handed the reigns over to a GM that had absolutely no clue what the hell he was doing. Now we’re back to what Darcy wanted to do, build through the draft.   

No , TM made mistakes but he was infinitely better than Botteril the buffoon. 

54 minutes ago, freester said:

No , TM made mistakes but he was infinitely better than Botteril the buffoon. 

LOL, no he wasn't.  He destroyed our farm system.  Made Roch into a joke and spent us into cap hell that Jbot is still digging out of.  TM is a Mike Milbury or Craig Button bad GM.  Jbot isn't even close to that bad.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

LOL, no he wasn't.  He destroyed our farm system.  Made Roch into a joke and spent us into cap hell that Jbot is still digging out of.  TM is a Mike Milbury or Craig Button bad GM.  Jbot isn't even close to that bad.

I disagree. Botteril has made 1 good move that being acquiring Joker. The Skinner move has proven to be a disaster and his contract will soon be among the worst albatrosses in the league. Wasting first round pick on Montour was idiotic as well as giving up picks for Miller for him to sit in press box. Hiring Housley was a terrible move for a first time GM to hire a first time coach. Botteril has mismanaged the cap in virtually every move he’s made. And let us not forget Botteril made one of the worst trades in NHL history and has still not replaced ROR. 

TM acquired 2 top 6 forwards Including a Center  and a physical power forward and a very good goalie ( who had mental health issues)

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And don't forget that all his biggest acquisitions except ROR where damaged goods.  Kane was hurt and out for the season.  Lehner was recovering from a concussion and Bogo had missed significant time with injuries since the Trashers moved to WPG.  Talk about lack of judgement.  

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Botterill isn't even Darcy bad, and Darcy almost got us a cup.

Darcy had blind squirrel luck. TM had drunk Irish Luck.

One was right twice a day, the other always was always changing the time.

1 minute ago, woods-racer said:

Botterill isn't even Darcy bad, and Darcy almost got us a cup.

Darcy had blind squirrel luck. TM had drunk Irish Luck.

One was right twice a day, the other always was always changing the time.

And Botterill doesn’t even own a watch, which is why it’s taking him so long to get a C.

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And don't forget that all his biggest acquisitions except ROR where damaged goods.  Kane was hurt and out for the season.  Lehner was recovering from a concussion and Bogo had missed significant time with injuries since the Trashers moved to WPG.  Talk about lack of judgement.  

Kane was recovering and out for the season when he was acquired. That was part of the intentional  tank. It worked like a charm. I wasn’t happy that TM gave up a first for a goalie but Lehner has proven to be quite talented.  Botteril has done a terrible job with both the goaltending and Center positions, the two most important positions.  

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

#freester I love how you forgot the terrible McNabb/Fasching trade, the worse Kulikov trade, the wasting of a 2nd rd pick  and millions on Gorges, the stupid Halak trade and the millions wasted on Franson.  

All of those were bad moves no doubt but context is important. Eichel and Reinhart we’re very young and Gorges was brought in for leadership along with Gionta. Unfortunately neither could play at that stage of their careers. Losing Mcnabb and Pysyck for garbage was not good but Okposo was clearly TM biggest error. 

Just now, Doohickie said:

This answer makes no sense. 

Sure it does. When you depend on a single topic to discuss everything about a player - you are beholden to the tangents that occur. If you appropriately start a new topic when the occasion occurs, then the sidebars drift off to oblivion. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to point the figure squarely at you and the admins for that.  A little bit of redirection goes a long way.  If, as soon as a tangent was identified the posts were moved to the correct thread (or a new thread was spawned), then this "catchall" topic on Casey would actually be useful.

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'm going to point the figure squarely at you and the admins for that.  A little bit of redirection goes a long way.  If, as soon as a tangent was identified the posts were moved to the correct thread (or a new thread was spawned), then this "catchall" topic on Casey would actually be useful.

Don't go there.

^

I love(d) Mike Myers in his heyday. I'm sometimes a little torn on whether and to what extent all of his content stands the test of time. Dr. Evil, for one. Is that whole shtick still funny? I think largely, yes -- but not entirely.

Edited by That Aud Smell

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

I love(d) Mike Myers in his heyday. I'm sometimes a little torn on whether and to what extent all of his content stands the test of time. Dr. Evil, for one. Is that whole shtick still funny? I think largely, yes -- but not entirely.

The Austin Powers movies definitely hold up, but like Ace Ventura, there are jokes that definitely don't work now and for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.