GDT 11/25 Sabres @ Lightning 7pm et. Msg-b

miles

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I just think both refs missed it. They're not seeing the game from the air like we are. There doesn't always have to be a second shooter.

Sure but I think it'd demonstrably clear they hesitate to put a team down 2, similar to how they resist calling penalties in OT. Not speaking to this instance specifically. 

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I just think both refs missed it. They're not seeing the game from the air like we are. There doesn't always have to be a second shooter.

Maybe, but so did 2 Linesmen too then...are they not allowed to advise the refs of such infractions?  I don't see how 4 sets of eyes can miss something so obvious.  If they all missed it, then they should not be in the NHL.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

There must be a small amount of bias in the officiating in any sport. That's human nature. You never want to own your original opinion after someone calls you on it — that is, the ref saw a vicious elbow to Dahlin's face and consciously decided not to call it Because Buffalo/Because Tampa. Honestly, I think that's nuts.

I believe the ref saw it. You don't. Only the ref knows you is right.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I won’t dispute that they couldn’t have possibly seen it but I also won’t dispute that they certainly should have seen it. Player safety should be the first thing they’re policing and with the young man shaken like he was to have not returned makes them look very bad in the eyes of whomever reviews their performance. Shame on them though, eh? 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is why we need a player or two capable of a little thuggery.  Not to get revenge on Cernac, but to be the team that issues some disruption for a change, instead of always being the victim of disruption all the damned time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes gone in the 3rd.  Tampa with their second PP of the period. 

I’m thinking  Cernak is not at all concerned that someone will run him. 

No one said Boo to Kucherov when he laid out Sobotka with a late hit, and they had a full game the next day to answer.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

7 minutes gone in the 3rd.  Tampa with their second PP of the period. 

I’m thinking  Cernak is not at all concerned that someone will run him. 

No one said Boo to Kucherov when he laid out Sobotka with a late hit, and they had a full game the next day to answer.  

In the Sabres Defense, Sobotka is addition by subtraction 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.