Any Team noticeably better or worse?

GASabresIUFAN

The good news is that The East is extremely top-heavy with Boston Toronto Tampa.

The bad news is that all three of those teams are in the division. If Buffalo was in the Western Conference, they would have zero chance at making the playoffs at number eight. In the East, I would say they have about a 10% chance

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I know Bob makes Florida better, but I don’t think Breadman makes the Rags a contender. Ottawa headed toward 31st overall.  Everyone seems to just be exchanging old bad deals for new ones.

Dallas could be scary and if Aho goes to Montreal it definitely hurts the Canes a lot.

Edited by The Jokeman

Toronto May have took a small step back in order to sign Marner.  NJ, NYR significantly better.  The Preds get a much needed stud. Colorado better.   Columbus is a dumpster fire.  Buffalos’ defense sure looks better on paper while Winnipeg has big holes on defense. 

11 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Toronto May have took a small step back in order to sign Marner.  NJ, NYR significantly better.  The Preds get a much needed stud. Colorado better.   Columbus is a dumpster fire.  Buffalos’ defense sure looks better on paper while Winnipeg has big holes on defense. 

Buffalo can help fill Winnipeg's D holes.

Ehlers?

JBot has to be looking at everyone's Cap situations with a fine tooth comb after today. Jets still have to sign Laine and Connor.

• Like (+1) 2

You could argue Toronto got slightly worse.  Ron Hainsey moves on (he was playing pretty decent minutes for them even at that age), Gardner, and Marleau (not worth his cap hit but still was a contributor).  Then again, at this time last year I was pissed about the Tavares signing and they ended up exactly as they did the year before.  So who knows.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Dallas, Nashville, Florida, NY Rangers, New Jersey all got better.

San Jose, Columbus, Isles and Pittsburgh all got worse.

I was going to disagree, but then I saw they added Tennyson and that flipped me. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Haha (+1) 2

Rangers got better with Panarin and Trouba. 

Jets have lost Trouba, Myers, and Tanev, they are worse. 

On a side note, all the Jets have to show from that "best trade ever!" is now Roslovic. Derp. 

Edited by Thorny

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Has anybody put the Amerks in the significantly improved column yet?  (The O'Regan defection hurts slightly, but they've brought back at least 2 guys on AHL contracts and another 4 or so as part of the Sabres 50 contracts.)

Did they in terms of net gain?  Olofsson and Pilut will be with the big club all year.  And Nylander could be called up.  Or traded.    Maybe Tage has a presence to start the season.

32 minutes ago, Derrico said:

You could argue Toronto got slightly worse.  Ron Hainsey moves on (he was playing pretty decent minutes for them even at that age), Gardner, and Marleau (not worth his cap hit but still was a contributor).  Then again, at this time last year I was pissed about the Tavares signing and they ended up exactly as they did the year before.  So who knows.

Damn.  Leafs now add Barrie who will fit in well there.  Kadri will be a loss but they need d and he can play some minutes for them.

9 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Did they in terms of net gain?  Olofsson and Pilut will be with the big club all year.  And Nylander could be called up.  Or traded.    Maybe Tage has a presence to start the season.

Goaltending is upgraded.  Even with Olofsson & Pilut up, I'd expect over the course of the summer for even more talent to be brought in.  Plus Asplund should come into his own down there.

The Buffalo Sabres have improved the defence and depth.

Aside: I had to stop listening to WGR -- its net quality of hockey discussion by its afternoon hosts has been inferior to the aggregate quality of hockey discussion by GM Daniel King on his PowerplayChess YouTube channel - none.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Rangers got better with Panarin and Trouba. 

Jets have lost Trouba, Myers, and Tanev, they are worse. 

On a side note, all the Jets have to show from that "best trade ever!" is now Roslovic. Derp. 

Roslovic and Bogo are the final pieces standing on either side without expanding the trade trees.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.