GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30p EST NBCSN

MattPie

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Tage can skate fast, but he doesn’t play fast.

Is this like saying Nathan Peterman can play QB?

I mean, the dude looks slow and I don't mean the kind of "tall guy" deceiving speed, but more lawn tractor on the Autobahn slow.

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Agreed.

If you've watched Thompson play - including in the preseason - you should have seen that his straight line speed is good.

He's not quick. And, as dudacek notes, he plays slow.

Taylor Pyatt part deux. 

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sh*t, you can't watch NBCSN games on NHL.TV, can you. I might not be able to watch too much of this one then! 

If you have any kind of content provider (such as DirecTV, Dish, cable), you can watch the game on the NBCSN app.  You might even be able to use your NHL.tv credentials to sign onto NBCSN.  It's not so much that NHL.tv subscription doesn't work for games on national networks; it's that the national networks such as NBCSN want to get the advertising revenue from your viewing, or they want to control the ads you see (i.e., try to convince you to pay for NBCSN premium access).

Edited by Doohickie

I don’t think we’ve seen nearly enough from TT to come to any kind of conclusion on him.  And while I’ve been pleased with the effectiveness of the forecheck produced by the checking line, I wouldn’t say that they’ve even approached the point where subbing TT in for one of them is NFW.  

1 hour ago, LTS said:

His speed will match up with Tampa?  His speed?

He's so big that he doesn't look like he's moving fast, but two strides will take him from the center red line to the goal line.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Tage can skate fast, but he doesn’t play fast.

Takes a lot of room to turn a battleship around.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The Domingator had a good run with the Yotes but then slipped badly.  How's he been with TB?

.885 sv%, 3.77 GAA, .500 QS% in 4 games played He's a gift for us.

I'd guess they're saving Vasilevsky for Pittsburgh on Thursday

Edited by WildCard

27 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If you have any kind of content provider (such as DirecTV, Dish, cable), you can watch the game on the NBCSN app.  You might even be able to use your NHL.tv credentials to sign onto NBCSN.  It's not so much that NHL.tv subscription doesn't work for games on national networks; it's that the national networks such as NBCSN want to get the advertising revenue from your viewing, or they want to control the ads you see (i.e., try to convince you to pay for NBCSN premium access).

Or you could roll with a free trial of Fubo and catch the game on that. 

21 minutes ago, WildCard said:

.885 sv%, 3.77 GAA, .500 QS% in 4 games played He's a gift for us.

I'd guess they're saving Vasilevsky for Pittsburgh on Thursday

Just general purpose: I wonder if the numbers bear out playing your backup vs. weaker opponents. Would it be better to play a stronger goalie against a weaker team and increase your chance of taking that 'easier' win? Obviously this is dependent on who the starter and backup are.

Im fine if the Sabres win dont care how... respect will come if you build it...

52 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Does anyone suspect that Bergie is nursing an injury?

Yeh he has sat a few games wondering if its a shoulder or ribs.  Not that nasty self he started out the season.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Takes a lot of room to turn a battleship around.

As I understand it, playing slow doesn't refer to quickness in smaller spaces. It's more about how (quickly) the player processes the game and how (well) the player makes decisions on what to do with the puck and/or their positioning on the ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.