Sabres Development Camp

Brawndo

Casey with the championship winning shootout goal. 

Thoughts on the tourney are that the names you'd expect to make an impact did. Casey was easily the best player on the ice. The next tier was Dahlin, Guhle, Pilut. Asplund Oloffson, Ogelvie, Pekar, Glotov and Byro all had their moments as well. 

Mittlestadt was MVP. What fascinates me is how the first game he got lost at times in his zone, but as the games went by he seemed to not only get better defensively but his offensive talents seemed to show more often.

Dahlin looked cool and collected, you can definitely sense his skill level but he seemed somewhat tired (He's been busy so that's understandable) 

Guhle & Pilut were both joys to watch skate

Olofsson looked great as well

Many others popped up as well, Asplund was everywhere and Pekar was playing the role of Tournament Marchand without licking anyone

How could Mittelstadt get MVP? Paul Hamilton told me he was getting embarrassed by Pekar!

I continue to have little to no respect for Hamilton's hockey opinions.

Yeah, but nobody destroys a straw man argument from "idiots on the message boards" quite like Paul H.

Yet another situation where Casey Mittelstadt rises to the top when things are on the line.

He just got better and better as the tourney went along.

He’s got that it factor.

That he does.

Just hoping he isn't pencilled in as 2C by your guy's Thanksgiving.

How could Mittelstadt get MVP? Paul Hamilton told me he was getting embarrassed by Pekar!

I continue to have little to no respect for Hamilton's hockey opinions.

He was referring to the fact Pekar was pushing him around and making him look afraid to retaliate. And Casey only played one game against Pekar. Both can be true.

I don’t think the “these hands are for scoring goals, not punching fourth rounders” reaction from Casey is embarrassing. In fact, I love it. How often do you see Crosby, McDavid, Eichel, Patty Kane, etc fight? They make their marks between the whistles, and others take care of the dirty business.

An embarrassing take from Hammy, if anything.

Edited by EichSnipe

I don’t think the “these hands are for scoring goals, not punching fourth rounders” reaction from Casey is embarrassing. In fact, I love it. How often do you see Crosby, McDavid, Eichel, Patty Kane, etc fight? They make their marks between the whistles, and others take care of the dirty business.

To be fair. The point at which Hammasandwhich made this comment, Pekar had two goals under his belt and Casey had zero. Casey obviously stepped up by the end.

Things I am most excited about after watching the entire tournament:

1. Casey M. Is the real deal. The more he was pressured, the better he played.

2. Need to follow that goaltender, Sheppard. Dude was playing lights out the first three or so games.

3. It's not the least bit ironic to me that Pekar was wearing #42. Which to me translates to Nathan Gerbe, the last little ball of hate we've had worth a in my opinion. Hope he doesn't lose that edge, and those balls. A Pekar without his balls.... Bad news.

Edited by DumbPuck

To be fair. The point at which Hammasandwhich made this comment, Pekar had two goals under his belt and Casey had zero. Casey obviously stepped up by the end.

3. It's not the least bit ironic to me that Pekar was wearing #42. Which to me translates to Nathan Gerbe, the last little ball of hate we've had worth a ###### in my opinion. Hope he doesn't lose that edge, and those balls. A Pekar without his balls.... Bad news.

Gerbe? Yuck! A fly speck that got knocked on his ass every single time someone breathed on him. He had a hustle empty netter, a slapper skating down the left side vs Ottawa and a fluke spin-o-rama that one time...that's it. What an awful reminder of the beginning of the tank. I'll pass on anything ever resembling gerbe again.

Gerbe? Yuck! A fly speck that got knocked on his ass every single time someone breathed on him. He had a hustle empty netter, a slapper skating down the left side vs Ottawa and a fluke spin-o-rama that one time...that's it. What an awful reminder of the beginning of the tank. I'll pass on anything ever resembling gerbe again.

He was the last thing on this team to have any actual work ethic other than girgensons and ROR. Big part of our last playoff run. Didn't suck until he took gaustads skate to the face. Funny how our memories differ so much ????

He was the last thing on this team to have any actual work ethic other than girgensons and ROR. Big part of our last playoff run. Didn't suck until he took gaustads skate to the face. Funny how our memories differ so much ????

I'll take 1 Jochen Hecht over 1000 Nathan Gerbe's.

You could tell Dahlin was tired, but he had the skill to go end-to-end. With 3-on-3 format and having defensive responsibility, he can't compete with a forward who can float in the high slot in the d-zone. He had to constantly go from deep in his d-zone to the opposite end of the ice, and then back-check when the other team gained possession.

Not a good format for him to show what he can do. Wait till preseason, though ;)

Precisely. Hamilton wanted a physical response. Nonsense. Go play some offense and let that be the response.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.