Ovechkin awesomeness cup celebration thread

LGR4GM

If you haven't seen what Ovie has done in the last 48 hours... you're missing it. It's awesome. The cup keg stand was one of my favorites.

Swimming in the fountain outside Nats Park is priceless.

His childlike exuberance is absolutely invigorating.  His emotional state in just achieving the chance to play for the Cup was inspirational.  It certainly inspired his teammates.

There is a phrase that is uttered...  "This is your world, we're just living in it."

I think it's hard to find a truer application of this phrase than right now, with Alex Ovechkin.  Good on him.  I can only hope that some day we see the same out of one of the Sabres players....  I know that the Sabres fans will be up to the task.

Somehow or another I posted this in the draft thread last night.  And I hadn't been drinking.

The more I see of Ovi celebrating with the cup, the more of a fan I become.  Sheer, boundless joy.  In an age of buttoned up cliches and no personality personalities, Ovi is just flat out entertaining.

And just weeks ago the guy was still getting ###### as being someone you couldn't win with.

Guys like Ovi get labeled that they can't win.  It's all .  there is so much that goes into winning a championship.  Team makeup.  Injuries.  Sometimes luck.  We're quick to label folks that play at the most elite levels as "can't win" when there is so much that has to happen right for the championship win to occur.

Edited by We've

Somehow or another I posted this in the draft thread last night. And I hadn't been drinking.

Guys like Ovi get labeled that they can't win. It's all ######. there is so much that goes into winning a championship. Team makeup. Injuries. Sometimes luck. We're quick to label folks that play at the most elite levels as "can't win" when there is so much that has to happen right for the championship win to occur.

There was a time he couldn't win it because he wouldn't play the game completely. I've read that a lot of credit goes to Barry Trotz for opening his eyes to what it takes to win it all. Ovi had to connect his desire for the cup to the amount of blood sweat and tears he was willing to put in.

There have been many players with the talent but not the will. Ovi didn't want to stay on that list.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

There was a time he couldn't win it because he wouldn't play the game completely. I've read that a lot of credit goes to Barry Trotz for opening his eyes to what it takes to win it all. Ovi had to connect his desire for the cup to the amount of blood sweat and tears he was willing to put in.

There have been many players with the talent but not the will. Ovi didn't want to stay on that list.

Yes. I think it was a different Ovechkin this season. He was (and apparently still is) possessed by something. He has spoken in recent days of the commitment he made before this season.

Google Ovechkin controller disconnected.

Yes. I think it was a different Ovechkin this season. He was (and apparently still is) possessed by something. He has spoken in recent days of the commitment he made before this season.

Google Ovechkin controller disconnected.

If you posted on this site about hockey you'd know we have all seen the ovechkin disconnect controller meme. :nana:

This season Kinda seemed like the same Ovi to me but what do I know. Happy for him. This is how I want all my athletes to celebrate championships. As if it took you a lifetime a dedication, sweat and blood to do it.

Somehow or another I posted this in the draft thread last night. And I hadn't been drinking.

Guys like Ovi get labeled that they can't win. It's all ######. there is so much that goes into winning a championship. Team makeup. Injuries. Sometimes luck. We're quick to label folks that play at the most elite levels as "can't win" when there is so much that has to happen right for the championship win to occur.

Yup. The narrative that Ovi wanted it more this year is just plain lazy. Historically, he has been a very productive player in the playoffs.

Yup. The narrative that Ovi wanted it more this year is just plain lazy. Historically, he has been a very productive player in the playoffs.

Right? This whole Trotz 1:1 motivational speech this summer is the most annoying thing I've heard in hockey in a long time

But Ovie being fat and slow was a recent development of the last two years or so. He's had probably 7 seasons where he was in better shape than he is now.

Maybe more

If Ovi is supposedly in better shape now then I don't want to know what out of shape Ovi looks like. Cuz those photos of him swimming in the fountain do not look like a guy who cut weight :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.