Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

I know its early in the season, but Montreal and Ottawa aren't looking that bad.    Might be a rough year in our division if they keep playing like this.

hope we come out of this trip with 6 more points.

Ottawa getting some good return on the back end from Lajoie, chabot and demelo.   

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I know its early in the season, but Montreal and Ottawa aren't looking that bad.    Might be a rough year in our division if they keep playing like this.

hope we come out of this trip with 6 more points.

Ottawa getting some good return on the back end from Lajoie, chabot and demelo.   

I feel like Montreal always starts out well.  Then Carey Price gets hurt and the train goes off the tracks.  Wash, rinse, and repeat.

21 hours ago, pi2000 said:

So any time a guy gets a concussion somebody has to get suspended?    What was wrong with the hit?   It looked like he was concussed when his head hit the boards, probably didn't need to throw him down to the ice like that, but this is big boy hockey and reason young guys need to add size and strength to avoid injury.

Good conversation on the subject here.

Edited by That Aud Smell

21 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Watching Preds-Wild, and it just hit me... I’m finally numb to the indefensible gold jersey/gold helmet combo... I guess you can get used to anything.  

Its yellow on helmet truly gold is Notre Dame’s.... might be able to live with that if I am not blinded...

Edited by North Buffalo

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Good conversation on the subject here.

It is a good conversation. It's gotta be the finish with the extra throwing him to the ice that is what got him suspended.

I don't think body size has anything to do with the concussion. The odds are good that any size person being thrown down like that is going to have the rotational skull impact that leads to brain trauma.  You might argue that you wouldn't throw a bigger guy down, but once Matheson had leverage the body size wouldn't matter.

Take into account that Petterson had just deked him along the wall and it probably leads to some thinking that he was extracting revenge rather than making a hockey play.

I dunno.. I'm sure as hell not sold on the suspension.

17 minutes ago, LTS said:

I don't think body size has anything to do with the concussion. The odds are good that any size person being thrown down like that is going to have the rotational skull impact that leads to brain trauma.  You might argue that you wouldn't throw a bigger guy down, but once Matheson had leverage the body size wouldn't matter.

It was a dirty finish, as Kypreos noted. But I very much think that any player with a legitimate NHL physique (and, hey, they come in various shapes and sizes) is *not* getting tossed around like that.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

the panel was discussing that he is reportedly playing at about 165# right now.

i mean - just look at him. he's quite slight.

Yes back when I was his age had a helluv a time keeping weight on. Could think about excercising and drop weight.  Ate 5 meals a day working in college as a bicycle courier and my weight hovered between 165-173 lbs Im 6’2” as well and hated having to eat that much.  OHBTW also ate a pint of Hagandaz as well... I feel his pain... now not so much.

The thing I was keeping track of with the Oilers ended tonight, after they scored 4 goals that involved McDavid. Their 5th of the night was finally not scored or assisted by Connor, though he was right there during the play, and it was 3v3 OT.

They had 9 goals on the season either scored or assisted by McD, before an Oiler could score a goal that had nothing to do with him on the scoresheet (even though he was there off the score sheet, like I said). 

It broke the NHL record by 2 goals. 

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The thing I was keeping track of with the Oilers ended tonight, after they scored 4 goals that involved McDavid. Their 5th of the night was finally not scored or assisted by Connor, though he was right there during the play, and it was 3v3 OT.

They had 9 goals on the season either scored or assisted by McD, before an Oiler could score a goal that had nothing to do with him on the scoresheet (even though he was there off the score sheet, like I said). 

It broke the NHL record by 2 goals. 

So take out McDavid's knees and you beat the Eulers… 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's a terrible thing to say. Thumbs dumb. 

Agreed but i have 7 more hours to work on a double and frustrated by another Sabre kurfuffle and that was the best I could come up with.  Toned downed from what I originally came up with.

Edited by North Buffalo