Round 3: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

Is there no "ignore" choice on here? If someone doesn't want to read my comments, ignore me. Simple. No, not you, the solution. I am on this board 3-4 times a week but sometimes don't even sign on. This is a Sabres' forum and I don't know the history or the make up of the team and organization of the team as well as most posters which is why I mainly comment with my opinions on what I think of certain players or people in management.

I had to look up what comeuppance was because I thought my definition was wrong...it wasn't. Not sure what you meant by the comment but water off of a Ducky's back. Find the ignore button if I am too smug now that I have got my comeuppance...

The Jets will be back in the playoffs. Whether they can get out of the division is the question. There's still a few gems in the system that will join the team in the next few years.

My thoughts on your Sabres going forward is that you  might have to get a bit worse or stay the same as you integrate some of the younger players into the system and live with a another year or two of pain before you start seeing the youngsters pay off. There's a pretty good core of players to build around after you get Dahlin and a starting goalie. I don't think GMJB is going to trade away high draft picks like GMTM did.

How the hell can we get worse?!... oh, yeah,... there's going to be a 32nd place soon.

crap.

Amazing what Vegas accomplished in less than a year - even if they lose in the Cup finals.  

Astonishing that the Sabres have been able to sell Regier's  idea of 'suffering' as 'necessary' to much of their fanbase-- and that's continued 7 1/2 years into the Pegula Era.  Vegas' success, I think, will make it much harder for fans to accept anything less than a playoff berth at a minimum in spring 2019.  A Bylsma-eque 81 pt 2018-19 season, and a "Hoorah - look how we improved!" from the Front Office ain't gonna cut it with Sabres fans in April 2019.    Wild Card berth should be barebones minimum expectation!  

Amazing what Vegas accomplished in less than a year - even if they lose in the Cup finals.  

Astonishing that the Sabres have been able to sell Regier's  idea of 'suffering' as 'necessary' to much of their fanbase-- and that's continued 7 1/2 years into the Pegula Era.  Vegas' success, I think, will make it much harder for fans to accept anything less than a playoff berth at a minimum in spring 2019.  A Bylsma-eque 81 pt 2018-19 season, and a "Hoorah - look how we improved!" from the Front Office ain't gonna cut it with Sabres fans in April 2019.    Wild Card berth should be barebones minimum expectation!  

I definitely agree that expectations have been raised, both in Buffalo and around the NHL, due to VGK.  That is as it should be.

However, I think that Sabres' fans patience has run out, and that's regardless of VGK's success.

Yup.  Expectations should never drop that low again.

The worst part is, Buffalo proved twice (99 and 06) that suffering wasn't necessary to acquire the talent necessary to be contenders.  Yet here we are, being shown by an expansion team what a contending roster looks like.

Yup. Expectations should never drop that low again.

The worst part is, Buffalo proved twice (99 and 06) that suffering wasn't necessary to acquire the talent necessary to be contenders. Yet here we are, being shown by an expansion team what a contending roster looks like.

Absofreakinlutely.

Everyone has always been more than good with Ducky. He's a fine non-Sabre fan poster. Everyone except you know who, who seems to get away with murder here from time to time with personal attacks.

You know one thing that bothers me about you, things like this post. You vaguely refer to another post you don't like. Just say it. Name the poster so we all know. Then that person can defend themselves. Right now reading up to this, I'm guessing it's 1 of 7 ppl. Edited by Skurk Liger

Ducky -- FWIW, I thought the Jets were the best team in the playoffs. They're going to be very good for a while.

Like, until they played Vegas? They beat them 4 straight games - Vegas was the better team.

Edited by Thorny

Like, until they played Vegas? They beat them 4 straight games - Vegas was the better team.

Winnipeg is the more talented team, but Vegas was the better team; they won because they never allowed the Jets open looks, they flipped the ice ridiculously quickly and they got better goaltending.

If you have been listening to what Housley and Botterill preach, they want the Sabres to play the way Vegas plays, but they say the players never stick with the program.

Buffalo’s best players are more talented than Vegas’ best. but they aren’t better because they don’t play the game the right way.

Vegas proved depth and discipline can go a long way if you play the game at top speed.

Our players need to watch, listen and learn.

If they commit, they can make the playoffs.

Edited by dudacek

Winnipeg is the more talented team, but Vegas was the better team; they won because they never allowed the Jets open looks, they flipped the ice ridiculously quickly and they got better goaltending.

If you listening to what Housley and Botterill preach, they want the Sabres to play the way Vegas plays, but they say the players never stick with the program.

Buffalo’s best players are more talented than Vegas’ best. but they aren’t better because they don’t play the game the right way.

Vegas proved depth and discipline can go a long way if you play the game at top speed.

Our players need to watch, listen and learn.

If they commit, they can make the playoffs.

Spot on.

Following are Top 10 markets for 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs on networks of NBCUniversal to date:

1 Pittsburgh 4.22

2 Las Vegas 3.13

3 Buffalo 2.90

4 Nashville 2.53

5 Tampa 2.30

6 Wash, DC 1.97

7 Boston 1.82

8 Providence 1.63

9 Ft. Myers 1.44

10 Minn-StP 1.32

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.