Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Who’s going to keep the sharp objects away from Flagg when ROR is traded for Pacioretty and a 2019 conditional 2nd?

This isn't going to happen.  Trading for a player who can opt to UFA, is 29 coming off a very average season and conditional second.  We'll easily keep O'Reilly over trading him to an in-division rival for a player who's entering the start of his 30th year old season.  There is NO WAY this happens. 

Does anyone do ROR for 3rd overall pick straight up?  What about ROR for 3OA and Mete (young D prospect)?

I could see that being one of the few ways we do trade ROR.

Question is, is the player we take at 3 OA going to be good enough? ROR is a top flight two way centre, do our scouts think Chuky or Zadina can provide a similar level of help to the team (offense and defense) going forward.

That said, I would keep ROR as I think what the Pens did with Crosby was surround him by capable vets while he found his feet. We can't always trade players because they are 'passed their peak'.

WGR also had Dreger on this AM, this is from Chris Nichols

Not really,” conceded Dreger. “I mean Reinhart, as you guys know, has been out there for quite some time now. And Botterill wanted to use pretty much all of last season to gauge where Reinhart is, whether or not he’s a fit long term with the Buffalo Sabres. I feel like Botterill would be okay with keeping him. He’s not giving him away.

“Ristolainen is more surprising to me, and I’ve got to believe there’s a strong market for him just because when you look at defense available, it’s not overly-strong – it really, truly isn’t. Any team that has a good defenseman normally, especially if they’re Top 4 defense, you don’t want to move those pieces. So if you’re a team that’s somewhat desperate in need or has a strong need, then you’re going to inquire.

“I had heard that Anaheim had interest in Ristolainen. I’d be a little surprised if the Edmonton Oilers didn’t have interest in Ristolainen. You could probably come up with a list of 8 or 10 teams, just again projecting the type of player he’s projecting becoming when he hits full stride as a veteran NHL guy.

“But that’s another deal where Botterill has got to feel real comfortable that he’s on the winning side, otherwise he doesn’t make it.”

Reinhart, with an expiring entry-level contract, will be a restricted free agent without arbitration rights.

Ristolainen is locked up for another four seasons with a contract carrying a $5.4 million cap hit.

Montreal's first round selection, third overall. 

In other words....

ZADINA!!!

And how did you guys come up with 30A for that?

Oh, never mind ...........

ZADINA!!

And how did you guys come up with 30A for that?

Oh, never mind ...........

ZADINA!!

I get it now ... 3(letter o)A ...

Blah ...

ZADINA!!

WGR also had Dreger on this AM, this is from Chris Nichols

Not really,” conceded Dreger. “I mean Reinhart, as you guys know, has been out there for quite some time now. And Botterill wanted to use pretty much all of last season to gauge where Reinhart is, whether or not he’s a fit long term with the Buffalo Sabres. I feel like Botterill would be okay with keeping him. He’s not giving him away.

“Ristolainen is more surprising to me, and I’ve got to believe there’s a strong market for him just because when you look at defense available, it’s not overly-strong – it really, truly isn’t. Any team that has a good defenseman normally, especially if they’re Top 4 defense, you don’t want to move those pieces. So if you’re a team that’s somewhat desperate in need or has a strong need, then you’re going to inquire.

“I had heard that Anaheim had interest in Ristolainen. I’d be a little surprised if the Edmonton Oilers didn’t have interest in Ristolainen. You could probably come up with a list of 8 or 10 teams, just again projecting the type of player he’s projecting becoming when he hits full stride as a veteran NHL guy.

This is what gets Flagg all crazygonuts.  Dreger is effectively playing trade rumor jazz, with weasel words like "I've got to believe" and "I'd be suprised if..." with nary a single source to show why he's saying what he's saying.  This will then get turned around and quoted as fact.  All of a sudden, Edmonton is trying to land Risto because Dreger is "reporting it." 

Absolute silly season.

This is what gets Flagg all crazygonuts.  Dreger is effectively playing trade rumor jazz, with weasel words like "I've got to believe" and "I'd be suprised if..." with nary a single source to show why he's saying what he's saying.  This will then get turned around and quoted as fact.  All of a sudden, Edmonton is trying to land Risto because Dreger is "reporting it." 

Absolute silly season.

Correct, though I don't think that will happen with these words from Dreger on our radio station. It's the bigger boys that usually kickstart everything now. 

Since everyone here knows exactly what Dreger means, it's fun to talk about! 

I wonder what we could get from Anaheim for Risto. Presuming ROR went for D, I'd do Risto for Rakell straight up. 

If you throw a bag of crap into a crowd of hungry people they will go insane for it... until they find out what it is.

During that time people will argue over what's in the bag, they'll beat each other up over it.  They'll finally open it and realize it was just a bunch of crap.

They'll be mad...

Until the next bag of crap is thrown into the crowd.

That sums up the rumor mill me for me.

Correct, though I don't think that will happen with these words from Dreger on our radio station. It's the bigger boys that usually kickstart everything now.

Since everyone here knows exactly what Dreger means, it's fun to talk about!

I wonder what we could get from Anaheim for Risto. Presuming ROR went for D, I'd do Risto for Rakell straight up.

I wish Rakell was a lefty but I would probably trade Risto for him.

If you throw a bag of crap into a crowd of hungry people they will go insane for it... until they find out what it is.

During that time people will argue over what's in the bag, they'll beat each other up over it. They'll finally open it and realize it was just a bunch of crap.

They'll be mad...

Until the next bag of crap is thrown into the crowd.

That sums up the rumor mill me for me.

Well put

I think ROR, an established excellent 2 way centre, is worth more than 3rd overall (ie ... Zadina).

ROR is worth more than 3oa. Like NS says. 

I am confusion. Really?

I'm asking.

Maybe I'm too influenced by the NFL, where it seems like you could have a 4th year RB who just went for 1500 total yards, but you can only get like a conditional 4th rounder for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.