Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

my guess #1 will be montreal and the sabres will be #3

deep down i really think the league is punishing the sabres secretly for the year they purposely tanked

Leafs did it and didn't get punished. We may obviously not win it but I don't think it's fixed. After watching mcdavid and Daley reaction to Edmonton winning it sold me on it not being fixed. Odds are in our favor right now. I'm trying to trust the math. Edited by Didriko

John Vogl‏Verified account @BuffNewsVogl 2m2 minutes ago

The Sabres have an 18.5 percent chance of being No. 1. Montreal has a 9.5 percent chance. Carolina has a 3 percent chance.

The NHL has made these lottery odds even worse than the NBA. At least with the NBA the worst team has a 25% chance. I think, no matter what, the worst team should have a 50% chance. They work their butts off to have the worst record and they should be rewarded.

My local NBC affiliate also didn't broadcast it. Do they do it like the NBA with the team cards and claim this was all done with some private security firm, who have had control?

It's more like:

Buffalo: 59.6774%

Montreal: 30.6452%

Carolina: 9.6774%

Think of it like the Monty Hall problem.  The "doors" that have been "opened" are teams that have been revealed, increasing the chances proportionally for the remaining teams.

This.

We're is true blue right now? Randall math is helping but I need his calming influence in here. I'm freaking out man.

He’s right. He’s 100% right. I’m not True, but, think of it this way:

It was always twice as likely Buffalo would win than Montreal. What has happened that would change that?

I remember we've saying something (paraphrasing) teams tanking don't deserve to win the lottery. But if you have a star player injured then it wasnt intentional and u do. Sorry if I took it the wrong way. Jack was hurt for 2 months, ROR for while, Kane for awhile. We honestly didn't try and suck this year. The season was so depressing some fans have left us with others threatening. We need this!!!!!!!!0

He’s right. He’s 100% right. I’m not True, but, think of it this way:

It was always twice as likely Buffalo would win than Montreal. What has happened that would change that?

No, I believe it. Especially after the bills taking Allen, this damn city and franchise just needs this so bad

I don’t assume Botts would pick the playmaker Svechnikov at 2nd. He might trade down and take a goal scorer or defenseman, and also get a roster player in return.

Svechnikov is a goal scorer, from what I’ve heard.

- - -

If Montreal wins, that’s 2 of last 3 first overalls in division.

To the earlier question about whether Botterill knows. It must be that the team reps who observed the drawing did not include the GMs, and those reps are still sequestered. So the GMs don't know. I think that's right.

Let's get inside Dahlin's head. Whom does he want to win?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.