Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

I don’t assume Botts would pick the playmaker Svechnikov at 2nd. He might trade down and take a goal scorer or defenseman, and also get a roster player in return.

He had like 40g in 44 games

Is Dahlin that much better than the rest for me to care?

Yes

Is Dahlin that much better than the rest for me to care?

I would say so. 

It's not enough to be devastated at pick 3, but he's likely an Eichel-tier prospect, whereas you can't come close to saying that about pick 3, as there are a bunch of guys that could be the guy there.

I'm not guaranteeing anything or saying that you should be devastated if we pick third, but with what we have right now, if you're interested in who the Sabres draft, it would be legitimately exciting to get first. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

I don’t assume Botts would pick the playmaker Svechnikov at 2nd. He might trade down and take a goal scorer or defenseman, and also get a roster player in return.

I heard the guy on GR call Svechnikov a playmaker as well. Not sure where this view has originated from.

He will be taken at #2 by whichever team is lucky enough to get him

I heard the guy on GR call Svechnikov a playmaker as well. Not sure where this view has originated from.

He will be taken at #2 by whichever team is lucky enough to get him

Svechnikov is an all around player, but if the team wants a pure goal scorer like Laine to put on Eichel’s wing, Zadina is that player. Or there’s a couple of other quality Ds. So getting 2nd could give the option to Botts of trading down and getting 2 quality players, a pick and a traded player.

Svechnikov is a goal scorer, from what I’ve heard.

- - -

If Montreal wins, that’s 2 of last 3 first overalls in division.

The 'Hockey Gods' have to come thru for the Sabres this time. Watching either the Habs or 'Canes win this thing would be like somebody asking if you'd rather be shot or stabbed.

I would say so. 

It's not enough to be devastated at pick 3, but he's likely an Eichel-tier prospect, whereas you can't come close to saying that about pick 3, as there are a bunch of guys that could be the guy there.

I'm not guaranteeing anything or saying that you should be devastated if we pick third, but with what we have right now, if you're interested in who the Sabres draft, it would be legitimately exciting to get first.

And a left shot sniper at wing is exactly what we need too. I’ll be satisfied with 2.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.