Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

As soon as WGR loads it up. Might be another 30min

Weber - I talked to Bogosian and he asked me if he's the real deal. Dahlin is a great locker room guy. He's really funny, and his work ethic is contagious. This is real. The guys are extremely excited about this kid. #Sabres

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/dahlin-olympic-experience-was-great-for-my-development-1.1075321

Dahlin was interviewed on Leafs Lunch Today.

Said Buffalo is cool and he likes chicken wings

+10 for not saying "Buffalo Wings" and there was no moention of Ranch either.  I think Dahlin will be fine

I fell into the camp of those who mostly ignored the draft this year, particularly Dahlin because I felt 18 per cent wasn’t worth getting my hopes up for. In the past week I’ve read and watched everything I could get my hands on.

Elite skating, passing, stick-handling and hockey sense.

Big enough, likes physical play, defensively responsible, coachable, liked by teammates, extremely competitive, and addicted to hockey.

Adequate shot.

If this kid played in Oshawa we’d be sick to death of the hype.

He is at least as good a prospect as Eichel.

Edited by dudacek

The skating is a huge plus. The passing and the shot are huge pluses. 

The spatial awareness and understanding of what is going to happen next, which he exhibits at the point and in the slot, is something I've never seen from an NHL player. I'm not saying he's Gretzky, but I imagine that that is the trait that made Gretzky stand out. 

The skating is a huge plus. The passing and the shot are huge pluses. 

The spatial awareness and understanding of what is going to happen next, which he exhibits at the point and in the slot, is something I've never seen from an NHL player. I'm not saying he's Gretzky, but I imagine that that is the trait that made Gretzky stand out. 

I haven't studied Dahlin much, but all of what made Gretzky great was the spatial awareness and ability to be ahead of the play in his brain.  That's it.  He didn't have the skating.  He had the passing.  The shot wasn't a cannon.  Dude was tiny and not all that strong.

If, and I mean it's a big IF, you're correct and Dahlin possesses all of the above... yikes.  

Still, it's a bit much right now... I keep telling myself.  

This. He seems to have all of Jack’s physical skills, but adds in the elite mental game.

I don’t want to pull out the Bobby Orr card because no one is Orr.

But he resembles Orr more than any player I have seen since.

We’ll see how he adjusts. He’s 17.

But I firmly believe his floor is Brian Leetch, and I will be surprised if he doesn’t pass Karlsson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.