One Buffalo APP - April Newsletter

Mustache of God

I downloaded the OneBuffalo APP on fan appreciation night to take a shot at the giveaways and in doing so I inadvertently signed up for the One Buffalo newsletter, which I received earlier this week.

Reading through the letter left me with a growing sense of anger with this franchise. It reads like it was written by a teenage girl whose vocabulary barely eclipses 500 words (which might be a bit generous). 

I am shocked that this is a product being put out by an organization representing NHL & NFL teams. Is this the work of Russ Brandon's friend's daughter who undeservedly stumbled into an internship with the Pegulas? I know it's a small thing to nit-pick, but seeing trash like this being published by PSE hammers home that something is fundamentally wrong at the core of how these franchises are run.

Text of the newsletter below for those of you who haven't seen it, bolded emphasis on the parts that made my eyes burn. Syntax, slang, the apparent ignorance of the existence of a thesaurus...

Playoff SZN

Playoff season is in full swing and we are digging it. The Rochester Americans are killin’ it and are Calder Cup bound. They will wrap up their regular season this weekend and then head to Round 1 of the playoffs on 4/25. We highly recommend grabbing tickets for that game ASAP!

The Beauts totally crushed it this season and made another Isobel Cup Final appearance. The ladies in blue finished their season 12-4.

And of course you can’t forget the Bandits. They have been totally tearing it up in the NLL East Division and are hanging strong in the playoff race. The Bandits head west to Calgary on April 14th to take on the Roughnecks. They will then head back to Banditland on April 21st to take on The Six’s very own Rock. The Bandits will then finish up their regular season on April 28th at KeyBank Center when they take on the Rochester Knighthawks. And did we mention that is Fan Appreciation night? Oh yeah.

No Days Off

Did you really think we were going to sign this newsletter off with H.A.G.S? No way! The NFL Draft is so soon which means football season is right around the corner. Our Street Team will be at the 2018 Buffalo Bills Draft Party presented by Bud Light at the ADPRO Sports Training Center. As always, they’ll be hooking My One Buffalo users up with some sweet swag. If you are attending, make sure you scope them out so you can take home some rad My One Buffalo items.

TYSM, Fans

The Sabres wrapped up their home game schedule last Wednesday and Sabres Fan Appreciation Night was in full swing. Discounted concessions and in-seat giveaways were all up in the arena. Oh, and of course every fan in attendance was hooked up with a sweet Fan’s Choice Dominik Hasek bobblehead courtesy of KeyBank. Since this bobblehead is so sick, we want to give y'all another chance to take one home! Maybe you’re from out of town or maybe you went to the game but still want another. Whatever it may be, tap here for your chance to take home a Hasek bobblehead!

We  ️ Feedback

We are always looking for feedback from our much-loved users! Tap here to let us know what we can improve on for next season…or maybe you just want to drop a note saying “What’s up,” that’s cool too.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? help@myonebuffalo.com.

Seems strange that the worst franchise in the league feels the need to appear cool. Perhaps to suck in another generation of youngsters ? You'd think sounding professional would be a priority at this point to try and hang onto the fans you've already got. 

Edited by bunomatic

Seems strange that the worst franchise in the league feels the need to appear cool. Perhaps to suck in another generation of youngsters ? You'd think sounding professional would be a priority at this point to try and hang onto the fans you've already got.

Have you witnessed media of any form at all over the past few years? Sesame Street looks like postgrad work. Kind of why we are where we are... I'll leave it that vague (but not really, we're doomed).

You do realize you're all at the very least 25 years older than the target demographic for this, right? As I've said before: plenty of legitimate sticks with which to beat PSE and all it entails. Don't go trying to make your own out of toothpicks.

What do you think the target demographic is for this then ? 

You do realize you're all at the very least 25 years older than the target demographic for this, right? As I've said before: plenty of legitimate sticks with which to beat PSE and all it entails. Don't go trying to make your own out of toothpicks.

That's how older people talk/write when they're trying to communicate with younger people. Dollars to donuts, young people don't say any of those things, if they ever did. The byline could have been MICHAEL SCOTT.

I don't think the target demo is that young.  One Buffalo is trying to sell sports tickets and beer.  

That's how older people talk/write when they're trying to communicate with younger people. Dollars to donuts, young people don't say any of those things, if they ever did. The byline could have been MICHAEL SCOTT.

And?

I don't think the target demo is that young.  One Buffalo is trying to sell sports tickets and beer.

Yeah, this might be more a me aggressively not caring about this sort of thing issue. I dunno.

I wish I hadn't read this thread this crappy Sunday morning.

It's examples like this writing that make me want to get into a secret military cryo-chamber and be forgotten about for 500 years in the hopes that by the time my chamber is accidentally unearthed the world has actually reverted from it's current Idiocratic state.

I’ll add my voice to emphasize: It isn’t that PSE used chatsnap lexicon to communicate. It’s that PSE tried to use that lexicon to communicate, and failed miserably.

I’ll add my voice to emphasize: It isn’t that PSE used chatsnap lexicon to communicate. It’s that PSE tried to use that lexicon to communicate, and failed miserably.

Which is so effing typical of PSE. Just a bunch of average people sitting around coming up with average ideas and average execution. No one around to tell them their work needs to be better.

Which is so effing typical of PSE. Just a bunch of average people sitting around coming up with average ideas and average execution. No one around to tell them their work needs to be better.

They do some stuff well (?). Was that video game simulation farmed out?

Didn’t Kim hire her brother into a significant creative position?

Someone above said they were trying to sell tickets and beer? Really, didn’t see that??? How? That tripe belongs sort of on a snap chat page and nothing else... not sure my 13 year old could figure it out... I’ll run it by him tonite...

Edited by North Buffalo

Someone above said they were trying to sell tickets and beer? Really, didn’t see that??? How? That tripe belongs sort of on a snap chat page and nothing else... not sure my 13 year old could figure it out... I’ll run it by him tonite...

I said that their target demo likely isn't too young, considering that the products they sell are sports tickets (which are expensive) and beer (which is not usually marketed to minors).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.