One Buffalo APP - April Newsletter

Mustache of God

Hold up. Are you comparing apps or multimedia? Or are you comparing the atmosphere in an SEC football stadium to the atmosphere in a hockey arena?

Multimedia. It boggles my mind the Sabres can't even create a decent hype video.

Also our Twitter is the worst in the NHL. It's got no personality.

Multimedia. It boggles my mind the Sabres can't even create a decent hype video.

Also our Twitter is the worst in the NHL. It's got no personality.

All of the PSE social media is like this, though. I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's as if the people responsible for that content there are emulating the sorts of stuff they see on that particular platform without quite ... getting how to do it. It's cookie-cutter-mimicking without a voice or personality.

Taking the most recent example (from the Bills feed):

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/986962780359200768

It may just be my personal taste, but there's something about that that's just a bit off. It misses, falls flat.

Also, the phraseology they wanted there is (or, at least, was most recently) "that feeling when."

I dunno. I may now be incapable of objectivity when it comes to PSE on social media.

All of the PSE social media is like this, though. I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's as if the people responsible for that content there are emulating the sorts of stuff they see on that particular platform without quite ... getting how to do it. It's cookie-cutter-mimicking without a voice or personality.

Taking the most recent example (from the Bills feed):

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/986962780359200768

It may just be my personal taste, but there's something about that that's just a bit off. It misses, falls flat.

Also, the phraseology they wanted there is (or, at least, was most recently) "that feeling when."

I dunno. I may now be incapable of objectivity when it comes to PSE on social media.

Sabres Twitter would be 100 times better if I were running it. Guaranteed.

If the Sabres had hired me for their CIO position when it was open a few years ago I would have instituted programmatic version control on twitter and One Buffalo App to scan for crappy English and immediately reject the post/send.  :)

Just saying..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.