Chad Johnson pouts

Wyldnwoody44

There ya go

New thread

Chad says he sucked because the team sucked.

They need to do Tai chi....

From the Buffalo News

Buffalo Sabres backup goalie Chad Johnson, an unrestricted free agent, said he's interested in returning to Buffalo but has to be shown the team is willing to make changes.

"I know I can be a good goalie in this league and I showed that when things were the way they should be," Johnson said at locker cleanout day Monday. "I have to see the change, whether it's through players or somehow convince me through contract, through whatever it is, to come back."

Johnson finished with a 10-17-3 record, .891 save percentage and 3.55 goals against average in 36 games and 29 starts. All three statistics regressed from last season, when he played the same amount of games with the Calgary Flames.

"For a lot of games, for like 20 out of 29, it just seemed like a mess," Johnson said. "Things need to obviously change for a goalie to have success. You look at any team, if they play the way that we play ... I think any goalie, whether you're Pekka Rinne or (Andrei) Vasilevskiy, if a team doesn't play a certain basic standard, it's going to be a mess."

As Johnson heads to free agency, he said he hopes teams understand the context of his decreased numbers.

From brawndo

So if Chad is right, this must mean Lehner is the best goalie in the league.

This really puts a lot of pressure on Botterill to make some changes. Can’t afford to let Chad walk.

We’ll talk some more after you make a save Chad.

Edited by dudacek

There ya go

New thread

Chad says he sucked because the team sucked.

They need to do Tai chi....From the Buffalo News

Buffalo Sabres backup goalie Chad Johnson, an unrestricted free agent, said he's interested in returning to Buffalo but has to be shown the team is willing to make changes.

"I know I can be a good goalie in this league and I showed that when things were the way they should be," Johnson said at locker cleanout day Monday. "I have to see the change, whether it's through players or somehow convince me through contract, through whatever it is, to come back."

Johnson finished with a 10-17-3 record, .891 save percentage and 3.55 goals against average in 36 games and 29 starts. All three statistics regressed from last season, when he played the same amount of games with the Calgary Flames.

"For a lot of games, for like 20 out of 29, it just seemed like a mess," Johnson said. "Things need to obviously change for a goalie to have success. You look at any team, if they play the way that we play ... I think any goalie, whether you're Pekka Rinne or (Andrei) Vasilevskiy, if a team doesn't play a certain basic standard, it's going to be a mess."

As Johnson heads to free agency, he said he hopes teams understand the context of his decreased numbers.

From brawndo

Or through contract? Doesn't that say it all, Chad? See ya!

Even Chad Johnson doesn't want into this environment.  Quite a hockey heaven that has been built here.

Ah, but with the "contract" it appears hockey heaven is well intact. Money, my man, turns hell to heaven for these guys.

Surprised nobody is on Johsnson's side for this. We've spent all season bashing this team, and our garbage defense, then we bash RoR for his comments, but when Chad basically says what we're all thinking...we bash Chad? Sure, he sucked too, but he's right in saying that this team blows and routinely didn't do basic aspects of playing a hockey game

Surprised nobody is on Johsnson's side for this. We've spent all season bashing this team, and our garbage defense, then we bash RoR for his comments, but when Chad basically says what we're all thinking...we bash Chad? Sure, he sucked too, but he's right in saying that this team blows and routinely didn't do basic aspects of playing a hockey game

I agree with Johnson. I just don't think it matters much.

Chad literally said that he needs to see what kind of changes we make before he blesses us with his presence next year, and implied that he was fine and it was all the D's fault. 

Chad, not only did you get far more goal support than the other goalie on this team, who also sucks, but you did far worse with it. Relative to league average, your stats are orders of magnitude off compared to the metrics of the defense. While you're right that they're bad and need to be fixed, right off with that garbage. 

This is the exact same thing that infuriated me about the infamous Mike Weber interview after that Arizona game. Have a little bit of self-awareness, man. You're not somehow not part of the problem. Not a good look, as was said upthread.

Edited by Sabel79

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.