Chad Johnson pouts

Wyldnwoody44

Surprised nobody is on Johsnson's side for this. We've spent all season bashing this team, and our garbage defense, then we bash RoR for his comments, but when Chad basically says what we're all thinking...we bash Chad? Sure, he sucked too, but he's right in saying that this team blows and routinely didn't do basic aspects of playing a hockey game

I'm on his side.  I don't blame him for not coming back unless there are substantial changes.  This organization is a show. 

It is a bad joke that we don't think he is good enough for this team.  This team is so bad that a bottom 1/4 of the league goalie doesn't want to come back to it.  Pretty damned sobering if you ask me. 

I'm on his side. I don't blame him for not coming back unless there are substantial changes. This organization is a ###### show.

It is a bad joke that we don't think he is good enough for this team. This team is so bad that a bottom 1/4 of the league goalie doesn't want to come back to it. Pretty damned sobering if you ask me.

Yep. There can't be a worse organization in the NHL.

I'm on his side.  I don't blame him for not coming back unless there are substantial changes.  This organization is a ###### show. 

It is a bad joke that we don't think he is good enough for this team.  This team is so bad that a bottom 1/4 of the league goalie doesn't want to come back to it.  Pretty damned sobering if you ask me. 

I can only imagine your reaction if Chad's exact words had come out of Jack's mouth. 

I'm embarrassed for Chad by what he said. He was a disgrace this season, even more than the rest of the team. 

If Jack had performed as one of the worst centers in the league, and then blamed his team in a lame attempt to posture himself to get the hell out, to be specific. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

I can only imagine your reaction if Chad's exact words had come out of Jack's mouth. 

I'm embarrassed for Chad by what he said. He was a disgrace this season, even more than the rest of the team. 

If Jack had performed as one of the worst centers in the league, and then blamed his team in a lame attempt to posture himself to get the hell out, to be specific. 

I think Chad was blaming a poisonous situation, not necessarily the guys in the locker room.

It's interesting that we've now had 2 goalies call out the team, and 2 coaches call out the team.  We've demonized both goalies.  We've demonized the first coach.  None of them were wrong.

Chad might not be wrong but he isn't blameless.

He put plenty of blame on himself too.

Purely out of curiosity, does anybody know if Johnson's media interview took place after his end of season chats w/ Housley & Botterill?

'Cause that sure comes across as the words of someone that wasn't having a good day.

It did.  When Hamiltion asked him about coming back he answered the question as what he discussed with management.

He put plenty of blame on himself too.

It did.  When Hamiltion asked him about coming back he answered the question as what he discussed with management.

OK, thanks.

Wouldn't be terribly surprised if he'd thought they were going to say they would likely try to bring him back & didn't exactly hear that. REALLY thought the point of having Ullmark/Johnson for the final 9 games was to preview what they hoped they could do next year. But Johnson played IMHO some of his absolute worst hockey of the year after that 1st game in TO. That audition could very well have changed management's minds & he was just getting official word of it this morning.

A lot less miffed about him throwing his teammates under the bus after having that info than prior to having that info.

I'm sorry, but Chad has never been a good goalie. A few hot streaks in his career as a career back up. Calgary ditched him and they had goalie issues. We should have traded him to Vegas or Pittsburgh back when they both had injury problems. Tank goalie. Bye Chad, have fun in the KHL or Swiss league. 

If Chad is our goalie next year we will be dead last again. 

Even Chad Johnson doesn't want into this environment. Quite a hockey heaven that has been built here.

Bah. And Chad Johnson ripped “the tank” when we got rid of him the first time. He came back. It’s all posturing, nothing more.

Was Miller wrong?

Miller was good.

Surprised nobody is on Johsnson's side for this. We've spent all season bashing this team, and our garbage defense, then we bash RoR for his comments, but when Chad basically says what we're all thinking...we bash Chad? Sure, he sucked too, but he's right in saying that this team blows and routinely didn't do basic aspects of playing a hockey game

Be like Eich.

Edited by Thorny

I guess only Sabres fans can call out people on the team for quitting.

Chad Johnson is 100% correct.  He might not be the best goaltender but he can certainly speak for the crap defense he received at times.  He might let in a bad goal here or there but how many times did you post about the defense not clearing the net, not picking up a man, etc. 

Save percentage is an interesting stat.  If it were broken down into saves a goalie realistically could have made and those he should have made it might be better.  Because when a defender leaves the far side of the net open it's not really the goaltenders fault because more often than not those end up as goals.

He may not be the best but we knew we had a crap defense and he's basically confirming it.

Chad can be a passable NHL goalie when the team in front of him plays good hockey.

So can 50 other schlubs.

Stop depending on others to carry the ball. Be the guy who makes a difference.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.