Mittelstadt Signed ELC with Sabres reports directly to Buffalo

Brawndo

I think this season you have Risto on one pairing and Dahlin on the other.  Give both pairings roughly equal minutes.  Dahlin will look like the better D by Christmas.

I think the best case scenario as Dahlin's partner is probably not-injured-Bogo, but since the hasn't reared his head since his rookie season who's his partner? I like Scandella with Risto. Could be an FA I suppose.

Edited by sabills

I think the best case scenario as Dahlin's partner is probably not-injured-Bogo, but since the hasn't reared his head since his rookie season who's his partner? I like Scandella with Risto. Could be an FA I suppose.

John Carlson! 

More realistically, Jake McCabe or perhaps Calvin de Haan

I really like the idea of Risto as our Seabrook.

And I’m warming to the idea of Reinhart as our Sharpe.

Jack as Kane, check. KO as Hossa ain’t looking so good, but ROR might fit in the stature if not the role.

Can Rasmus and Casey be Keith and Toews?

Jack as Kane, check. KO as Hossa ain’t looking so good, but ROR might fit in the stature if not the role.

I really like these comparisons. Probably of course because of the whole 3 Cups thing

Certainly have better pedigree on the defense side.

I keep thinking back to the Chicago team model, and maybe we had Reinhart and Risto mis-cast as Toews and Keith. Maybe they were more like Sharp and Seabrooke, and we still needed our other studs that came in later drafts.

It's like I've been yelling in a vacuum.

Or everyone has me on ignore again.  :P

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, I don't think anyone agrees he has Sharp's skill set, just he's similarly peripheral core :P

I am perfectly capable of gloating simply knowing that I was more right than you were.  :D

OK, so there are TWO that don't have me on ignore.

Hah.  I've never been down on Reinhart.  I think we're going to see even more from him next year.  Oh.. and I wouldn't put you on ignore, I might miss some good whiskey insight.

I think O'Reilly is probably more like Toews than Mittelstadt. Lord Casey's only comparable will be Wayne Gretzky. In 20 years Casey Mittelstadt (pbuh) will make the hockey world refer to Gretzky as "the Good one".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.